Learning and Development Coordinator at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $4 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
The Learning & Development Coordinator will support all training, learning, and development efforts across the organization, including new hire training, team-specific training, continuing development programs, and leadership development programs. The role will focus on everything from organizing content and curriculum, managing training schedules, booking trainers, assessing team-specific training needs and evaluating training solutions. This position will also support company-wide DEI efforts and initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Supporting the New Hire Orientation program for all new hires, including managing schedules, helping to organize curriculum, content, and materials, managing feedback forms, communicating with New Hire Buddies, guiding new hires through their orientation and training, fielding questions from new hires regarding the training, etc.
- Supporting L&D programming for the Summer Internship Program including communicating with interns and intern managers, scheduling Lunch & Learns and professional development workshops.
- Partnering closely with the L&D Manager to support company-wide DEI initiatives by providing project management support for our DEI Task Forces and Employee Resource Groups.
- Supporting and coordinating all L&D training programs including Manager training, Individual Contributor training, and Leadership development program. This includes supporting live training sessions, organizing course materials, scheduling trainings, tracking attendance, etc.
- Gathering feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session.
- Marketing available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Proficiency with a variety of technologies; ideally experienced in Microsoft applications (outlook, 365, teams) and Zoom
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and proficient in project management; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Innovative; flexible; creative
- Bachelor’s degree in learning and development, human resources, communications, psychology, or a related field preferred
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym