IT Infrastructure Project Manager at Dentsu (Charlotte, NC)
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company across several key verticals. For 30+ years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and optimize strategic customer portfolio value. Our history positions us as a global leader in 1st-party, identify-driven marketing. With 12,000+ dedicated employees across 50+ global offices, Merkle’s growth rate continues to outpace the market, with 2021 global net revenue of over two billion.
Merkle is an agency of dentsu International. Dentsu’s mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on dentsu’s integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries.
Why Join Us?
We are seeking a Senior IT Project Management Professional with diverse credentials to round out Merkle’s IT infrastructure project management team under the support of the vast global network of Merkle and dentsu international.
Merkle is the leader in data-driven performance marketing. We help brands achieve tremendous competitive advantage. We thrive because we employ the best in the business. Merkle’s energy lives in everything we do, and it shows in the way we deliver to our clients. Click here to learn more about our culture. Additionally, we’re recognized as top global partners by some of the world’s leading technology firms including Google, AWS, Salesforce, Adobe and more.Job Description
- Manage all aspects of Project implementation from inception to project closure
- Manage complex IT infrastructure projects including data center migrations, international office implementations, and new platform/technology rollouts
- Elicit and document technical and functional requirements and define project scope
- Develop and document project schedules, deliverables, and milestones through a detailed project plan
- Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects; leading risk mitigation planning and communication to project sponsors and stakeholders
- Design effective project structure that addresses specific solution/project requirements and is aligned with the IT delivery methodology
- Effectively manage project scope from a functional, schedule and financial perspective using relevant change management processes
- Coordinate the work of multiple project team members to ensure projects remain on schedule
- Accurately forecast resources and time for the duration of a project
- Work as the main liaison between vendors, project sponsors, and the project team
- Lead innovation, process improvement and standardization within the IT organization
- Execute and provide guidance for other team members regarding IT policies, procedures, best practices and standards for service delivery
- Act as a coach and mentor for less experienced team members
- Maintain in-depth awareness and fluency of the key features, functions, and/or industry trends around the area of expertise
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Consistently manage, prioritize and deliver projects and associated tasks within agreed upon timeframes and within budget
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of the organization
- Successfully perform resource allocation tasks in order to meet project deadlines and established SLA timeframes
- Consistently deliver IT solutions that exceed customer expectations on-time/budget
- Rapid personal and career growth
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members
- Lead in the development of project management processes and tools for consistent use within the IT organization and enhance /optimize IT PMO processes and procedures
- Achieve positive outcomes from challenging situations
- Ability to routinely complete day-to-day task and meet deadlines
- Contribute to the development of Merkle’s technology vision and strategy
- Demonstrate willingness to take ownership and dedicate the time necessary to complete enterprise objectives
- Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis
- Participate in the development of Merkle’s technology vision and strategy
- Ability to assess, manage and communicate project and technology budgets and delivery schedules
- Ability to develop and use metrics that contribute to continuous improvement with regard to the quality of delivered services
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent
- Proven ability to utilize industry standard project management methodologies to drive projects to successful completion
- Effective presentation skills; Have the ability to present project level deliverables clearly and accurately and report weekly on project KPIs to stakeholders
- Advanced interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, prioritization, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Advanced conflict resolution skills with a solid ability to identify project sponsors /stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple tasks/projects to completion simultaneously
- Highly proficient in software and hardware Asset Management methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise infrastructure concepts and standard operating procedures
Demonstrate the ability to:
- Meet project deadlines and manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous IT and Client Onboarding projects while adhering to a time allocation model
- Multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions
- Tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Manage through conflict and challenging situations with positive outcomes for the clients and Merkle
- Develop and cultivate strategic relationships that benefit IT and Merkle
- Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures
At Merkle, we have created a great place to work by sticking to our core belief that a great company is built around great people and great results.
dentsu “eight ways” shape and guide the way we do things here, so that, together, we can achieve the ‘never before’ for our clients, for society and for each other.
We dream loud.
We inspire change.
We team without limits.
We all lead.
We make it real.
We climb high.
We choose excitement.
We are a force for good.
We are dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle, an agency of Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at Merkle, a dentsu agency.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.