Director of Strategic Projects at BigTime Software, Inc.
We are looking for people eager to help us scale, eager to have a lasting impact on a great Chicago company. If you're a builder, a doer, and an innovator, we want to talk to you!
Who we are:
At BigTime, we are focused on building a culture where all employees are treated with dignity and their voices are heard. At our core, we believe that we are not able to succeed as a business unless our employees are able to show up as their authentic selves and feel safe, supported, and valued. Our commitment to our employees, current and future, is to have an action-oriented Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive culture where DEI is never viewed as a “check the box” initiative. Our diversity makes us stronger.
Our team is driven every day by our core values, which help guide us in all of our team and customer interactions. We believe that we need to:
- Respect the customer: Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what's best for our customers and our company.
- Respect the team: Work together to overcome obstacles, find solutions and deliver exceptional results.
- Always add value: Strive to deliver exceptional results by focusing on the value-add in every situation.
- Own it: Show accountability for the results produced, no matter the outcome.
- Stretch: Challenge one another, push boundaries, and think outside the box. At Bigtime, we reward the effort, not just the result.
We are looking to add a Director of Strategic Projects (DSP) to our growing team to partner with the CEO and other members of the executive team to support and drive the execution of the business strategy from leading change initiatives to preparing materials for the board of directors. This individual will play a key part in driving efficiencies in key areas of the business, ensuring key priorities are on track to succeed. The person in this role will be responsible for providing analytical support, consulting, and cross-functional implementation leadership.
As the DSP, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run a software company with two leading private equity partners at your back. The DSP role has tremendous career growth opportunities, with the prospect to evolve into an indispensable member of the executive team.
- Lead cross-functional, high-impact projects and provide analytical support as directed by the CEO
- Operate with a data driven mindset to establish KPIs to measure team performance
- Drive a culture of excellence through project execution
- Execute special projects for CEO
- Work with and coordinate among functional executives on cross-company projects
- Implement, coordinate, and measure software practices across all functional areas
- Manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and accelerate company profitability and efficiency
- Determine, track, and report metrics that measure `the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives
- Support key post-M&A integration activities
- Act as portfolio company point of contact for interactions with Vista Equity Partners and Vista Consulting Group, including support and reporting on all strategic initiatives
The Right Fit:
- 5+ years of business strategy experience, ideally within a high growth environment (experience in Professional Services is a plus)
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred; BA/BS required
- 3+ years' proven track record of effectively interacting with executive teams and senior management
- Extensive program/project management experience
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities • Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to partner with key stakeholders, drive accountability and collaboration
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Problem solving mentality with proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Holistic wellness perks
- Company-paid health, vision & dental plans
- Building gym membership, Divvy bike membership
- Mental health days
- Work-life balance
- Family insurance plans (including for your furry family members)
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Generous time off and 12 paid company holidays
- Awesome company culture
- Friday lunch credit via Grubhub
- Hybrid work environment
- Unlimited fresh fruit, snacks delivered daily, cold brew coffee, tea, soda and La Croix
- Great, convenient downtown/south loop location
- Ongoing career development
- Robust training and orientation
- Continuous education
- Access to Learning and Development team
BigTime is a private equity-funded company, based in Chicago, and committed to helping professional services firms run more efficiently. Our SaaS-based solution is custom-built for the professional services industry. We provide industry-leading time tracking, billing, and project management software for more than 2,500 professional firms.