Implements change management projects including stakeholder management, leadership alignment, organizational development, and culture. Creates content and disseminates business communications to employees on multiple platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Partners with Operations leaders, Organization Effectiveness Team (in HR) and Underwriting Services (UWS)/Transformation team members to design and deliver cross-functional change management solutions to improve business results.
2. Owns and leads large-scale, complex change initiatives impacting multiple Operations teams and/or other business areas. Triage new communication and training requests to determine if training, communication or change management intervention is required.
3. Utilizing the approved methodology, assesses stakeholders, impact, change drivers and barriers to change to determine risk and risk mitigation processes. Identifies and mitigates integration risks and issues.
4. Under minimal or no technical direction, drafts business communications on behalf of Operations Senior Leaders targeted at internal audiences and executive stakeholders.
5. Drafts, edits and ensures accurate distribution of brand-compliant announcements across functions. Demonstrates consistent use of brand templates, alignment to corporate guidelines and communication protocols and rules of engagement.
6. Collaborates with all levels of Operations Leaders, HR Business Partners, Corporate Communications and UWS/Field Operations Leaders to facilitate process for leaders to model and implement changes needed to support adoption or improve functional performance.
7. Designs and formalizes process and governance for Operations Service Delivery to maintain standard operating procedures.
8. Measures change process and effectiveness of communication based on stakeholder feedback and surveys. Analyzes data and trends to determine business readiness and if solution had desired impact. Identify opportunities for improvement, communicate results to stakeholders and act on lessons learned.
9. May provide professional coaching to the Business Effectiveness Consultant and delegates portions of the business communication responsibilities, when necessary.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above Skills,
Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced expertise in change management and communication theories, principles, and best practices
2. Experience successfully designing and leading change management activities
3. Expert business acumen with ability to effectively develop and implement strategies that support business objectives for the Operations function
4. Excellent writing and editing skills and ability to translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise messages that are appropriate for the targeted audience
5. Solid project management, organization, and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment.
6. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
7. Highly collaborative and comfortable navigating organizational dynamics
8. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make critical business decisions effectively within scope of authority
9. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Change Management, or related discipline; or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred.
2. Typically 5 – 8 years communications and change management experience
3. Previous insurance industry experience preferred