Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
Automox is seeking a technical product owner to drive execution of a more advanced backend platform. We are reimagining our underlying architecture with a strong focus on scaling, data, and flexibility to unlock substantial product opportunities for our current and future customers.
The team’s key stakeholders are product managers and internal engineering teams. You will gather requirements, identify and coordinate dependencies across the platform, and drive development estimates and execution.
Independence and a willingness to find the ideal solution for the problem are core to this role. Strong experience with the product development process and the software development life cycle is required. Familiarity with device management or cybersecurity, in addition to a technical/architecture background, is preferred.
Successful candidates are team-oriented, work collaboratively, and bring a passionate and driven attitude to structured product development. The Automox product team is empowered, outcome driven, and develops and drives key OKRs -- individual and shared -- at every level. We have a lightweight product development lifecycle that drives lean startup methodology, experimentation, and a learning mindset.
THE FUN STUFF
- Own the near-term technical product roadmap, including milestones and prioritized deliverables, and drive execution
- Define detailed technical product requirements based on customer and business needs
- Manage planning and delivery of features, including prioritizing and grooming the backlog
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Work closely with Product Managers to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 3+ years as a technical product owner for SaaS products or other software solutions
- Technical degree and/or architectural experience strongly preferred
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with the ability to consider multiple approaches to solve problems
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Must thrive operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a lot of ambiguity
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Experience with JIRA & Confluence a plus
Colorado applicants: The minimum annual salary for this role is $100,000. Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package and is included for demonstrative purposes only. Automox offers additional compensation and benefits including: an annual bonus program and equity; comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans; STD & LTD, life insurance and AD&D; tele-medicine and mental health options; flexible spending account; pet insurance; legal shield and ID shield; 401k; perk stipends; an internet allowance; paid time off (including flexible PTO, company recharge days, sick time, paid parent support leave, and medical leave); adoption assistance; flexible schedules; and a remote-first culture. Our offers, which include competitive base pay and the total compensation package, are determined by experience, depth of knowledge, and other relevant factors. Automox reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits.
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.