VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
What are examples of work that Technical Product Managers have done at VillageMD?
- Design, build, and deliver a workflow allowing care managers to track outreach to patients after they are discharged from the hospital
- Engage with cross-team stakeholders to gain consensus around requirements for a new physician-facing workflow application
- Champion a cross-team technology project that enables patients to engage in a live chat experience with their clinician
- Partner with business owners & Analytics team members to determine a strategy for stratifying patient populations into various levels of clinical and financial risk
- Develop and own the roadmap and vision for a product or group of products
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Deep commitment to VillageMD’s mission and core principles
- High EQ; ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to work autonomously while communicating effectively
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - with the development team, internal stakeholders, and customers
- Strong sales presence, competently demoing the product and tailoring the demo to the target audience
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Lead a team of engineers on a multi-platform technology initiative to reimagine VillageMD’s workflows
- Conduct user research with VillageMD physicians, patients, and population health staff; use results to inform future tech investments
- Engage in and lead multiple build vs. buy conversations
- Create marketing materials that internally socialize the value of newly developed capabilities and quantify efficiencies gained
- Create requirements and mockups for new features; own successful and timely feature delivery
- Stay up to date on the industry narrowly and broadly for emerging trends or changes in regulation that could impact product roadmap
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years Product ownership, technical project management, or other related work (healthcare industry experience a plus)
- Basic data modeling expertise
- Ability to drive meaningful insights with incomplete data
- Strong capabilities in analytics tools such as Tableau, advanced Excel, or equivalent
- Ability to acknowledge, forecast and mitigate risk ahead of time across multiple domains
- Salesforce Admin experience a plus
- Experience working in Jira preferred
- Proficiency in SQL preferred
- BS/MS in related fields.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status