Meraki is looking for qualified network engineers to join its Product Specialist team within Support. As a Support Product Specialist for Meraki’s traditional and IOS-based switching products, you will be an authority in the function of Meraki’s hardware and software products, using your expertise to help identify, present, and prioritize product issues that are discovered by Meraki’s Support team. You will work directly with Product Management and Engineering to ensure that product trends, product serviceability, and the customer experience are represented in the product development lifecycle. An average work week might consist of investigating bug reports, monitoring and prioritizing the backlog of bug reports, writing user documentation, and meeting with Meraki’s PM / Engineering teams to discuss issues associated with the Meraki product line.Responsibilities
- Work on self-assigned bug reports with a focus on Meraki’s traditional and IOS-based switching product lines that are sent in by our Support engineers, vetting reports for legitimacy and forwarding applicable reports to engineering.
- Coach our Support team empathetically on bug report formatting and data gathering.
- Develop domain expertise on a per-product basis for our diverse product portfolio.
- As the voice of Support and Meraki’s customers, prioritize the bug backlog by working directly with Engineering and Product Management.
- Analyze and synthesize data regarding support cases, firmware, software, adoption, feature utilization, performance, etc. to surface potential trends or issues with our products.
- Write internal-facing user documentation, ensuring that your specialized knowledge is shared with our diverse, global Support team.
- Influence Meraki’s products by advocating for and helping to create internal and external-facing product supportability features.
- Keep our Support organization up to date on the latest product developments, bridging product information from PM and Engineering back to our network engineers.
Do you love to pursue networking certifications and are you eager to attend industry meetups that relate to networking? On the Support Product Specialists team, we strongly value your continued professional development. We encourage you to spend 20% of your time:
- Acquiring certifications and learning programming languages
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Exploring new tools and advancements in the field of computer networking
- Have 5+ years of experience working with switching/IOS and related technologies
- Has obtained or are seeking “professional” level Cisco networking certifications such as CCNP R&S, CCIE R&S, etc.
- Has hands-on experience identifying and writing bug reports for networking technologies
- Has experience working with bug tracking / reporting software, such as JIRA or Salesforce
- Has generated technical troubleshooting or configuration documentation for computer networking technologies
- Has programming experience with Ruby, Python, and/or SQL
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.