Sr. Technical Product Manager: Build Something Meaningful
We are a growing community of builders, contributing to the next generation of real estate with accessibility, transparency, and social responsibility through our industry-leading investment products. Our Product Management team is not just looking for passionate builders but fellow adventure seekers. Commercial real estate investing is one of the few remaining industries that's still discovering the role that technology has to play in it.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager, you will define and execute the product vision, strategy and roadmap for the next generation of CrowdStreet's technology ecosystem that powers our dual-sided marketplace of investors and real estate sponsors. You will partner directly with the CTO, tech leadership, and your team to dramatically enhance the efficiencies and developer happiness across all of our product teams - quintessential ingredients for our future success. Through your technical expertise and product leadership, CrowdStreet will promote its platform infrastructure and systems to achieve the speed, flexibility and scale necessary to remain competitively agile in this changing, regulated market. Let's build the future of alternative investing into something real.The Success You'll Build | Primary Responsibilities & Impact
You'll join a progressive Product Management team that strives to embody the latest modern product development principles and methodologies – validating our assumptions, delivering value early, and unlocking the full potential power in the Design/Engineering/Product "triad". You will be the product counterpart to our technical leaders and architects, mastering the customer and our needs while collaboratively pinpointing and solving platform opportunities with Engineering. You will be a customer advocate and champion our long-term technical vision that not only supports the work of multiple product lines but also radically improves the customer experience and results. Achieving this will require influence over authority and partnerships with Engineering, Product, Data, UX, Marketplace Services and Legal & Compliance.
- Partner with Technology Leadership to establish and evangelize a clear product vision for improving and scaling our technology ecosystem that powers our dual-sided crowdfunding marketplace.
- Explain an inspiring product roadmap for your product vision that rallies collaborating teams and supports goals.
- Map out "build vs. buy" options to determine the best path forward that maintains CrowdStreet's platform integrity and accelerates scale.
- Lead complex technical migrations, legacy code rewrites, and testing and extending scalable solutions for all product teams.
- Collaborate on and coordinate shared opportunities with fellow pods on overlapping technical frameworks, APIs, integrations and tools.
- Over-communicate plans, progress and goals to all partners to keep all parties aligned and ensure the viability, usability and feasibility of your team's solutions.
- Exercise technical research, qualitative and quantitative customer insights, and instincts to prioritize the most impactful opportunities to maximize the outcomes of your team.
- Preserve the integrity of the technical vision by maintaining development focus on the most meaningful technical priorities, while remaining agile and responsive to new information.
- Mentor and support your product peers with your technical knowledge and experience.
You'll work with a modern technology stack that includes React (with Redux) on the frontend, using both container and server-less deployments. We use Atlassian tools (JIRA, BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines) for source code management and deployments and AWS for our infrastructure. Additional tactical PM tools include:
- Project tracking/management - Jira & Asana
- Quantitative analysis - Looker, Heap & Snowflake
- Qualitative research - UserTesting.com
- Workshops & brainstorming - Miro
- UX collaboration - Figma
- 3P in-app messaging - Appcues & Hubspot
- 5+ years of product management experience identifying technical opportunities balanced with customer needs, prioritizing requests, developing technical roadmaps, defining requirements, and releasing successful software solutions in a B2C and/or B2B2C capacity
- Experience being accountable for the P&L of a product line and managing the trade-offs necessary to balance tactical pressures to both meet short-term financial goals while guiding long-term strategic growth
- Experience making grounded decisions and difficult trade-offs, thoughtfully managing limited resources and team/partner expectations to maximize your team outcomes
- Experience evaluating technical options to scale platforms to the next level, choosing the most strategic path forward, and breaking large projects into smaller, releasable chunks
- Align our existing team with your vision, obtain support from fellow product teams and stakeholders, and lead the charge with evolving our technical infrastructure.
- Customer-centric mindset and empathy are necessary to listen actively to a customer's product needs, ask clarifying questions, and understand use cases
- Technical knowledge and experience for asking the right questions and evaluating architectural and technical options
- Empathy and listening skills, able to adapt to different environments and personalities
- Have developed a process and methods to ruthlessly translate high-level strategy into clear, tactical action items (with and without the help of your team)
- Experience and comfort managing a large backlog of product requests, defects and strategic projects ideally using Jira or a similar tool
How to Apply
Please submit your resume through our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
We offer comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible PTO, family leave, a 401K, a monthly stipend to support remote work, and regular in-person gatherings, and culture created through shared core values.
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to provide the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are essential to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.