ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, and others, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to come be at the center of it all. ezCater marketplace successfully handles the order for 80k+ caterers while maintaining a user satisfaction rating of 4.9 on trust pilot. Not too shabby, but at ezCater we’re always trying to aim higher. We’re on a mission to become the easiest and most efficient option for customers to order Food for Work. Period. Help us take the ordering experience on the ezCater marketplace to an even higher level. You’ll work closely with UX, engineering, analytics and several other teams to jump into a fast-paced, data-driven environment, with immediate impact to the business.
Sound exciting? Let's talk!
- Drive the vision and develop a roadmap for ezCater’s marketplace that generates real impact.
- Build deep empathy for ezCater users and become their biggest champion.
- Lead product initiatives across a cross-functional team including Design, Research, Engineering, Data Analysis, Operations, and other Product Managers in a fast-paced, agile-inspired environment.
- Manage application development from conception through design, build, release, and iteration.
- Create and monitor the ongoing metrics that measure and define success.
- Assist in prioritizing enhancements and bug fixes, while identifying thematic issues that can be solved with technology improvements.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
When You Start:
- By day 30 you will:
- Most importantly, dive deep into the needs of the variety of users you’ll be solving for and start to develop a strong sense of empathy for them.
- Partner with your development team to understand the ins and outs of the product.
- Be providing immediate and early value, organizing existing work, asking good questions, and figuring out what you need to learn to become more effective.
- Have found and internalized the key metrics for your domain and mastered key analytics and experimentation tools.
- Have internalized the company direction, and early decisions around target customer / market focus.
- By day 60 you will:
- Have a solid working relationship established with the design and development team members as well as your product peers.
- Propose product direction and course corrections based on what you’ve learned.
- By day 90 you will:
- Be a driving force within the company, leading across the business to drive your compelling vision and meaningful returns.
- Be able to give “the company pitch” to a prospective customer as well as any member of the sales team and back it up with detailed customer, product, and industry knowledge.
- 3+ years of product management experience, ideally with several years in eCommerce optimization.
- Deep analytic ability, comfort working with and manipulating data, building hypotheses.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; you’re happy spending much of the day away from your desk connecting with team members in different functional areas.
- A proven track-record when it comes to stakeholder management; you feel confident partnering with demanding internal groups and effectively managing expectations.
- A flexible mindset that is open to change and new information. You’re first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information.
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors. You’re motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
Starting Salary Range: $135,000- $180,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.