Sr. Product Manager, Global Ratings & Content Compliance at Warner Bros. Discovery (Seattle, WA)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Accessibility and Content Compliance team is seeking an energetic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager, Content Compliance. This team member will report to the Director of Product, Accessibility & Content Compliance. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the design, program, and engineering teams to ensure all content compliance requirements are delivered to meet the needs of our HBO Max, Discovery+, TV Everywhere and WBD global audiences.
A successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with the capacity to design a strategic approach to ensuring all content meets regulatory and contractual guidelines. A successful candidate will ground their approach in customer delight. They will also help drive efficient, effective processes, and content specification uniformity. The candidate will be motivated to become a content delivery pipeline expert, diving deep into the rapidly evolving tech landscape, including legal nuances across multiple global regions. They will manage a product strategy and roadmap with at least a 12 month horizon. They must be comfortable engaging with executive leadership to communicate and prioritize product line strategy effectively and must be adaptable and collaborative in a fast paced environment. This role will require working cross-functionally within the Product and Design organization as well as with stakeholders across technology, marketing, content, and PMO, both in the United States and internationally. The role requires someone who can work autonomously, has strong organizational and analytical skills, and is a proven collaborator who can problem solve.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Design a customer centric strategic approach for a discrete set of Content Compliance Features, beginning from the root problem and designing appropriate solutions with Legal stakeholders, research, and cross functional partners. Content Compliance Features include but are not limited to:
- Closed Caption and SDH formats for Accessible Video Playback
- Global Ratings by country, territory, region
- Content Advisories by country, territory, region
- Initiate user research and competitive analysis, anchored in customer need to inform solutions that will be grounded in customer delight.
- Align the approach to the broader company and product strategy, to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Gather, define, and clearly document requirements
- Prioritize features across a diverse set of high priority initiatives using a systematic, measurable approach
- Employ a working knowledge of design and usability best practices as a collaborative partner with Design/UX team to ensure design thinking is incorporated in every phase of the process
- Share requirements across multiple stakeholder groups, receive feedback, and weigh it against the overall product strategy to make appropriate decisions toward requirements refinement
- Define metrics and objectives that provide business insights and clearly identify when a feature is working, discoverable, and successful
- Conduct regular service reviews, analysis of product health and customer feedback reviews in order to recommend the most effective iteration on existing features and capabilities
- Drive ongoing customer and internal stakeholder communications (including Brand, Content, Marketing, Media Supply Chain, Legal, Distribution, and Customer Support) as the product line interface while differentiating appropriately between public and internal messaging
- Build healthy, trusting relationships and contribute to a culture of respect by giving feedback respectfully, exchanging ideas respectfully, and receiving feedback humbly
- Champion an inclusive work environment where every member of the team can belong, seeking to make all interactions equitable and maintaining a flexible mind to accept diverse perspectives.
Qualifications & Experience...
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Customer obsessed and a human-centric thinker
- Strong written skills with a focus on drafting documentation which communicates complex subject matter simply and clearly.
- Experience creating dashboards, service documentation, and roadmap presentations
- Experience developing data-driven roadmaps including the use of multi-variant testing to inform decisioning.
- Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: JIRA, Confluence, Asana) preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects
- Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
- Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Detail-oriented; self-starter, accountable, and empowered
- Collaborative work style
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $112,000.00 - $208,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].