Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Product Operations Managers drive the internal processes, systems, and workflows that allow Coursera to build excellent products, efficiently and effectively. In this role, you’ll build, implement, manage, and continuously iterate on core functions like quarterly planning, investment prioritization, and product development processes. You’ll be an essential member of a highly collaborative team and act across a broad spectrum to help the 150+ person team produce more with lower effort.
Your job will require ongoing tracking and in-depth quantitative analysis of established key performance metrics: you’ll use this data to surface insights, then problem-solve to create scalable systems and processes that capitalize on the opportunity you identified. You’ll work closely with senior cross-functional leaders to quickly understand their business pain points/challenges and implement solutions. You will thrive in ambiguity yourself plus introduce structure to help others do the same; you’re a self-starter, an independent thinker, deeply analytical and detail-oriented, while always keeping your eye on the big picture.
- Manage the Product organization’s processes and workflows, using each cycle to inform systematic improvements
- Activate the organization around central processes, ensuring every internal user understands their value and fully adopts their practice
- Seek out business partners’ feedback and pain points, then design solutions to address the issues, defining objectives and creating / executing against project plans
- Use key performance indicators (KPIs) and data to inform your focus
- Proactively communicate across the organization and stakeholders to keep all parties informed, aligned, and moving forward
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in product operations, project management, consulting, and/or other professional services related-fields
- MBA or equivalent
- Management consulting experience
- Superb project management: Ability to organize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical mindset: Ability to solve problems, independently introducing clarity, and solutions
- Confidence navigating ambiguity: Ability to navigate competing demands, aligning with stakeholders on priorities, objectives, and timelines
- Exceptional communication: Ability to quickly distill complicated topics into clear, concise narratives and artifacts (e.g. documents, presentations) that facilitate discussion and alignment across diverse stakeholders
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: Business Analytics, Excel to MySQL: Analytic, Techniques for Business Specialization, LeadershipProject Management, Public Speaking
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.