Shift is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to help us take center stage as a leading and transformative e-commerce platform for auto sales.
This PM will be responsible for both strategy and execution for the Shift marketplace's browse and merchandising experiences, both setting the vision for where the experience will go, and rapidly shipping small and large improvements to deliver customer and business value. Working closely with cross functional teams, leveraging data and analytics to understand customer sentiment, you will best position products and new features to help us drive sales and engagement.
This is a chance to make a massive impact at a critical and exciting time on our companies history. With more inventory than ever before, we're looking for a super-start Product Manager to lead our consumer shopping experience into next stages of greatness!
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for both strategy and execution for the Shift marketplace's browse, search, and merchandising experiences.
- Work closely with the companies executive leadership, design, user research, engineering, data science, marketing, operations, and sales teams.
- Plan and execute on a product roadmap that balances continuous improvements with strategic experimentation and product innovation.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest marketplace trends and insights that provide new ways to solve customer problems.
- Work with our research team to learn consumer behavior and better empathize with our customers and their shopping needs.
- Will write feature requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to consistently deliver high-quality, high-impact products.
- Will define and monitor metrics, measuring and evangelizing the performance of the team's products. Strategic decisions will be made based on data.
What You Will Bring:
- 5+ years product management experience.
- Strong consumer facing shopping & merchandising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, CS, or equivalent experience.
- You’re constantly curious about the latest trends in marketplace and online auto shopping behaviors.
- You have experience building Consumer-facing products in a B2B2C environment.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, have a bias toward informed action, and have a track record of leading new initiatives.
- You have the ability to communicate strategy and priorities effectively with all levels of management, including C-suite.
- Experience with analytics & design tools such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, Looker, Periscope, Figma.
- Experience with analyzing, benchmarking and iteratively increasing conversion rates in products.
- Have learned how and when to leverage qualitative and quantitative experimentation, and have adept at analyzing results from these experiments.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in e-commerce or in the auto industry.
- Experience launching products / features on consumer shopping sites including experimentation and A/B testing.
- Experience working in start-up environments.
We’re a tech company who has built an e-commerce marketplace for customers to buy and sell used cars, all while having an experience that is fun, fair and accessible. We’ve set out to transform a huge industry using cutting-edge technology, and bring transparency and convenience to the car buying and selling process.
We aren’t stopping there. We bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Shift is an equal opportunity employer. Shift prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Shift conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.