As a Senior Product Manager for Mobile Foundation, you will be responsible for setting the strategy, roadmap, and driving initiatives to scale the mobile capabilities of Dropbox. You will advocate for our mobile platform customers, align with our multi-product strategy, and work with mobile, new businesses, and platform leadership to prioritize high-impact roadmaps. As such, your work is highly leveraged and has the potential to impact across the spectrum from Dropbox product development to infrastructure.
You will have significant strategic impact and influence on the direction of the company, and be directly responsible for the platforms on which Dropbox mobile apps are built. Your work will range from low-level abstractions to make development easier, applications more robust, release processes and gating to empower product teams to experiment, and to bring seamless platform capabilities to life. You’ll be working with an amazing team of product managers, engineers and designers from across teams and functions.Responsibilities
- Build and drive the long term strategy and roadmap for DBX mobile shared platform, alongside mobile and platform leadership.
- Scale up the mobile capabilities of Dropbox to rapidly launch and iterate on new products cheaply.
- Improve the reliability, testability, and observability of our mobile systems and infrastructure
- Determine the ROI of investments and build business cases for building vs buying platform components.
- Own our SDK, critical for 3rd party support
- Define platform metrics for the teams and interface with internal customers (developers, data users, PMs, designers).
- Obsess over outcomes and know where best to invest the team’s valuable time. Share insights and results throughout the company to evangelize the high-impact foundational work of the area.
- Understand strengths of our mobile shared platforms’ capabilities and identify / champion addl. use cases for adoption within DBX.
- Facilitate collaboration and coordination across all platform teams (web, desktop, mobile) to improve tooling and infrastructure to better support product development.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders across Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Support to deeply understand and address platform needs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business, Applied Math or Statistics, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years product management or related industry experience (1+ year mobile) defining vision and strategy for platform products, going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, and driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution
- Impact driven and a consistent history of driving successful product outcomes from concept to completion.
- Customer empathy for both internal and external customer needs and behaviors, but can also drive hard decisions, framing the different options and tradeoffs.
- You push the pace. You take blame and pass the praise. People love working with you.
- Proven ability to lead engineering teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills to enable platform and product innovation
- Magical capability to sell and influence without authority and gain senior leadership agreement
- Comfort with business strategy, portfolio and investment prioritization, cost analysis, key performance tracking, and financial metrics
- Ability to zoom in and out to deeply understand industry trends, platform ecosystems, and competitive advantages