Senior Product Manager, Economy at Reddit
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit has been growing its products that generate revenue from end users (Direct-to-Consumer). Virtual gifting between users, known as Reddit Awards, and subscriptions, known as Reddit Premium have proven to be successful with our users. In addition, the DTC team focuses on new experiences to generate revenue by making the Reddit experience more fun and engaging.
We are looking for a strong, entrepreneurial product leader to join us and lead a product area. We are a small and fast-growing team that will double in size within 3 months. You will have opportunities to work on existing as well as new products, while growing your leadership and organizational impact.
The ideal candidate can drive bold new features to launch, working closely with the team leads and stakeholders. The person should have a good product sense and a passion for areas like social motivations, gamification, and Reddit culture.
- Think big - contribute to the strategy for Creators, achieve alignment, and translate into a roadmap
- Execute fast - partner with Engineering, Design and Data to deliver launches on the roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally (E.g. Community, Communications, Legal) to launch features
- Iterate fast - Analyze shipped products, identify gaps, and refine the roadmap
- Business Area Impact - Set forecasts for product area(s) on a multi-quarter time frame. Lead the team in delivering against those forecasts
What We Can Expect From You:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of product management experience. Worked in or adjacent to consumer-facing apps, social networks, free-to-play games, new product development
- Fluency with using Data - tactical (e.g. A/B testing) and strategic (e.g. feature level estimations, sizing) to inform crisp decisions
- A fine eye for design and craft in product, including a passion for emotional design
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- A passion for staying up to speed on competitive products and drawing meaningful insights
- Being an avid Redditor yourself!
- MBA degree
- Experience in virtual economies or creator experiences