As a Senior Product Manager on the native apps team, you will oversee the product strategy for the Instructor native apps that will help thousands of instructors around the globe to help millions of students achieve greater learning and career outcomes on Udemy, Udemy Business, and Udemy Government. You'll be successful by closely collaborating with engineering, design, sales, customer success, data, and a set of diverse stakeholders around the world.
Here's what you will do:
- Lead and execute on the vision and strategy definition for Instructor native apps on mobile, OTT platforms and any new platforms to help more instructors manage and create new content efficiently and effectively
- Enhance the current app and build new features to cater to the creator ecosystem that can enable instructors to build more engaging and newer content
- Build the instructor native app experience to be highly engaging, easy to use and enable instructors to create content
- Build an in-depth understanding of our native app customers (B2B and D2C) and systems to prioritize your roadmap
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to deliver successful products and/or features
- Develop close partnerships with key stakeholders in the company to execute on the native app strategy
- Work with the Head of Mobile to evaluate the strategy and tweak the roadmap based on quantitative and qualitative data
We're excited to have you because you:
- Have 5 or more years of Product Management experience delivering impactful products / features
- Have experience working on creator apps with a two sided marketplace
- Have a strong technical background (e.g. engineering degree, job experience, online learning, etc.)
- Are committed to building products in a human centered way, and have experience collaborating closely with UX Designers and/or UX Researchers to achieve that
- Are passionate about the education space and the problems we are solving
- Have great attention to detail but base your strategy on the big picture objectives
- Employ a highly-collaborative and low-ego approach that brings diverse stakeholders together
- Effectively communicate progress to leadership and stakeholders
- Know how to leverage agile development methodologies and tools
- Are comfortable collaborating with local and remote Product, Design, Research, and Engineering teams (San Francisco, Ireland, India and Turkey)
We understand that not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your background isn't perfectly aligned but you feel you would be a great addition to the team, we'd love to hear from you.
Udemy is the world's largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
If you just can't wait to learn more about Udemy (believe us, we get it!) and the incredible work that our teams are doing, here are a few more resources:
How Udemy Started [video]
Udemy on Glassdoor
Colorado EPEWA Information
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice .