By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
Opendoor’s Buyer team has seen unprecedented growth with the recent launch of our Opendoor Backed Offers program, and we’re now looking for a Senior Product Manager that will help us build and ship a high quality experience for our buyers, internal operators, and partner agents as we enter the next level of growth for our Buyer business. You’ll work closely with designers, engineers, and your product teammates to conceptualize and drive product decisions that improve the process of offering on and closing on a home with Opendoor. Opendoor is an online/offline product, so documenting workflows to understand the dependencies between product changes and operators in the field is important for keeping Operations, Design, and Engineering on the same page. Strong systems-thinking is a requirement for understanding implications within the multi-sided marketplace we run between tour agents, offer agents, and homebuyers.
- Talk to customers: lead ops-driven product development to uncover customer needs and gaps in positioning.
- Own delivery of product initiatives and releases on Web and Mobile.
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver products.
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones to internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives against company goals.
- Assess and validate product priorities to set strategic direction.
- Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product changes, and communicate results and next steps to cross-functional team members.
- Analyze and review product data and customer interaction trends.
- Own and manage the product backlog, balancing dependencies across multiple platforms.
We're Looking for Teammates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Leadership experience and a proven ability to innovate on web or mobile consumer products.
- Demonstrated track record of driving each step in product development: research, initial concept, requirements gathering, development/deployment planning, implementation, launch, testing, analysis, and iteration.
- Ability to work effectively with engineering to set realistic goals and stay on track.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of user-experience design principles.
- Experience or demonstrated interest developing products for workflow optimization, scheduling, routing, internal tools, and other products at the intersection of user experience & operations management.
- Background in Computer Science, Operations Research or a related engineering discipline.
- Familiarity with agile scrum process.
- Interest or experience in the real estate industry.
"For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $115 - $203K per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description