GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Senior Product Manager is a key member of our Technology Team and supports the VP, Product. The Senior Product Manager will help shape product strategy for the advertising division and will own the product roadmap aligned with GumGum’s vision. The Product Management function at GumGum is pivotal and will drive key business decisions and influence what will be built and launched. The team is brand new and is looking for successful Product Managers who can establish a high bar for this evolving team.
As a Sr. Product Manager for Ad Publisher Integrations, you will be responsible for how GumGum’s advertising platform integrates with over 1200 premium publishers. This role will be responsible for determining product strategy, feature prioritization, and overall success of our publisher integration capabilities. As a Sr. Product Manager you will drive product development by working closely with a number of key internal partners including partner development, operations, and engineering. You will meet frequently with partners and stakeholders to gather feedback and support for your product roadmap and feature prioritization.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and MN.
- Establish a product strategy, roadmap, and set of goals for publisher integrations with GumGum’s advertising platform
- Consistently measure performance and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve product performance, providing additional benefits to publishers (and their customers) and GumGum
- Effectively organize and manage a product roadmap and a backlog of product requests while keeping key stakeholders informed of progress and status.
- Solve for ambiguous product and business problems with an ability to understand tradeoffs (e.g. business, customer and technical) and execute a solution with a cross-functional team of internal partners including team of engineers, operations, and publisher managers
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering leads to drive innovation in other advertising platform services including core ad serving, targeting, measurements, data and BI
- Generate meaningful customer and business results through a test and learn approach. Define, develop, test, pilot, and productize ad publisher solutions
- Drive change through influence and collaborate effectively across the organization
- BA or CS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of Product Management experience in an ad-tech environment (or other relevant industry experience)
- 1+ year(s) of end to end product delivery
- Knowledge of Adtech, Digital Media, or Digital Advertising Industry
- Has worked directly with an engineering organization to lead solution discussions and execute on product enhancements and features
- Seasoned project manager - can effectively juggle multiple competing priorities and execute efficiently against the most important.
- Familiar with software development and collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian)
- Critical thinker and strong problem-solving skills
- Customer-centric mindset with the capability of translating that into clear and cogent product strategy and roadmap
- Understand the product development process and has experience with one or more product development methodologies (e.g. agile, lean)
- Be both detailed oriented and a big picture thinker, with an ability to drive improvements to existing products and define new products
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence critical outcomes
- Great communication skills to communicate with both technical and non-technical cross-functional team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to create great working relationships and product results
- Self-starter, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Has product intuition; can decipher between must do, like to have, and won’t do
- An analytical mindset and logical approach to problem-solving based on drawing insights from data
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Pet Friendly Organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired Just Premium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. Just Premium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum