Do you thrive on solving customer problems, but also love working in highly technical environments? In this role you will be responsible for building and delivering data and technology products and services to the business. This is a new function in Pluralsight's Technology organization. Our Tech org is home to "Common Services", the collection of functions that support all of our product lines. It includes Platform Operations (Dev Ops, Product Security, Cloud Service, etc), Data Services, and AI/ML. Reporting to the CTO, you will lead teams of Product Managers who work closely with users to understand their problems and with technologists to find solutions to those challenges. You will empower them with tools and environment to do their best work and mentor and lead them in their career development. This role is an opportunity to establish the strategy and organization of the team and build a strong technical product management capability.
What you will own:
- Set the long-term vision for the technology product organization and partner with Common Services leaders to develop the product strategy and prioritized roadmap for their teams.
- Architect a new organization, identifying the skills needed and recruiting and upskilling the team to address those needs.
- Serve as an authority on the products and assets produced by the Common Services organization and communicate and educate users on how to maximize their value
- Lead the creation and tracking of OKRs and communicate plans and progress to internal customers and partners
- Partner with leaders and collaborators across the organization to keep a pulse on emerging needs in the business.
- Develop success metrics for products and services the organization delivers and set an example in making data driven decisions
- Lead and mentor technical product managers and provide guidance in their career growth, developing the talent on your team
- Create an environment that fosters the product management and human centered design methodologies
Who you are :
- Grounded in the principles of human-centered design
- Deep desire to build the best product for our customers.
- Strategic problem solver, proficient with prioritization and partner engagement with the ability to paint and evolve a long-term vision, while executing on a near-term plan.
- A strong coach and mentor
- Independent, entrepreneurial, and thrive in environments of uncertainty.
- Have a strong desire to learn and make progress every day and actively seek feedback.
- Operate with emotional intelligence and integrity
- Committed to Pluralsight's mission and values
Experience you'll need:
- Demonstrated senior product management ability, building software products in a technical domain
- Solid understanding of software development and data and experience with sophisticated systems and integration challenges.
- Deep understanding of the iterative, user-centered, customer/product discovery process
- Experience leading teams of Product Managers and empowering them to deliver outstanding outcomes
- Technical degree and/or experience with highly technical and data-centric products
- Domain experience in data science and data management software is a plus
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do every day, we empower the people who power our world.
We don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs; we value transparency; and trust in each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission to democratize technology skills, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.