Senior Director, Product at Searchspring (San Antonio, TX)
Searchspring provides Ecommerce retailers with the industry leading software platform for site search, product merchandising, and personalization. With offices in San Antonio, Denver, Colorado Springs, Portland, Toronto, and remote across the globe, Searchspring employees are dedicated to fostering an environment that enables everyone to thrive, both personally and professionally, and feel supported, engaged, and valued, every step of the way.
Backed by a growth equity firm with extensive resources and expertise in helping software and technology companies navigate transformational growth, Searchspring helps our customers, like PuraVida, Fabletics, SKIMS, West Elm, Specialized, and RipCurl increase cart size, conversion, and repeat customers. Join us as we change the way the world shops online and achieve our mission to deliver the ultimate shopper experience.
We are seeking a highly experienced Sr. Director of Product who will oversee a small team of Product Managers and Product Owners. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Ecommerce space, and be customer- and market-focused to help drive the company's Product Vision and Strategy. This role will report directly to the CTO and work closely with other company leadership to ensure that Searchspring is delivering the best possible product to its customers.How You Will Succeed
- Partner with the CTO and other company leadership to develop and implement product vision and strategy.
- Bring a deep understanding of the Ecommerce models, industry, and trends to identify new opportunities for growth.
- Retrieve and analyze feedback from customers٫ stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements٫ features and end products.
- Lead a team of Product Managers and Product Owners to create and execute on product roadmaps that align with company goals and objectives.
- Identify and prioritize product features based on market and customer needs.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales teams to develop messaging and positioning that resonates with customers.
- Bring a deep experience of working with qualitative and quantitative data to assess and inform decision making
- Work closely with Engineering and Design teams to ensure that products are built to the highest standards.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that products are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage and mentor a team of Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure that they are meeting their goals and growing in their roles.
- Foster a culture of innovation and experimentation to help drive the company's growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, or a related field, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in product management, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce.
- Experience positioning products with Analysts and Prospects
- Review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Organize product releases properly and ensure compliance with the schedule.
- Prepare recommendations to expand the product base and vision.
- Prepare recommendations to track product use and impact on end users.
- Familiarity of implementing any of the industry-leading Product Management Frameworks
- Experience developing and implementing product vision and strategy.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for building great products and delivering value to customers.
- Open PTO
- Sabbatical leave after 5 years of continuous service
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Company-paid Life and AD&D coverage
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, accident insurance, legal services, and pet insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Continuing education stipend
- Charitable donation matching
- Remote work allowed
Searchspring is an equal-opportunity employer and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We strongly believe that diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are essential in cultivating an inclusive culture and building an innovative, successful organization. All qualified applicants are considered for employment, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status. If you require accommodation during the application process, please don't hesitate to contact us.