Product Owner at Paylocity
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work. Best of all this is a work from home opportunity!
The Product Owner is a key leader within Product Development and works with a dedicated product team. This person is responsible for building a consensus amongst stakeholders by defining a shared product vision of what needs to be built and championing this vision to the product team through creation of business objectives, epics and user stories. This person should have a talent for conveying a clear and compelling narrative and an enthusiasm for creating vital functionality, while striving to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to think strategically about our products and act tactically. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Collaborative, Innovative and Humble
- Starts with the customer unmet need (both short and long term)
- Equally skilled at dreaming (and articulating) and starting (and articulating) small
- Always brings a point-of-view formed by mix of data, experience, and gut
- Thick-skinned enough to successfully interact at the CEO level; curious enough to ask questions and alter point-of-view appropriately
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Passionate about quality and controls
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
- 3+ years delivering software solutions in agile SaaS environment as a Product Manager, preferably in Enterprise Software space
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with software and QA engineers, operations, sales, marketing and other internal key partners
- Excellent analytical, communication, technology skills
- Superior attention to detail with strong written and organizational skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (confluence, slack, zoom, email, etc.)
During the last three months, you would have:
- Established a point-of-view about the product vision and aligned business owners and product stakeholders to that vision
- Became a deep expert in our customers, our business, the industry and the data
- Translated product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics and user stories
- Coordinated with other Product Owners to establish overall release goals and identify dependencies for cross-product initiatives
- Driven continuous improvement; shared lessons learned and contributed to the development of the agile practices
- Adjusted product priorities based on actual experience and user feedback
- Facilitated and guided product planning, stakeholder interactions, and demos
- Worked with internal and external customers to fully understand and conceptualize features and work flows related to those features
- Created, maintained, prioritized and owned the product backlog
- Made the final determination on feature acceptance and what ships
- Understood the competitive landscape and balance but not be beholden to it
- Acted as the voice of the customer, answered product related questions, and provided overall direction
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $94,393 - $152,000 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.