Opy USA (Opy) provides consumers and businesses with point of sale (POS) and ecommerce access to flexible, affordable, and responsible unsecured lending solutions. Opy is part of Australian-based Openpay Group Family and recently launched in the US. Opy connects consumers to merchants and its financing solutions through the Opy App. Opy helps people pay with transparency and confidence—i.e., smarter—for the things that matter most. From healthcare to pet care, maintaining a car, furnishing and maintaining a home, private education and more. Opy also helps businesses to reach more business customers, providing B2B payments and credit solutions via its OpyPro product solutions.
We’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us on our mission. You will have a rare opportunity to join both an established multi-national business while at the same time getting to be part of something brand new as we stand up our US business to supercharge our growth.
At Opy, we’re more than just a “buy now pay later” (BNPL) offering. We’re offering next evolution payment and lending solutions. What we call, “buy now pay smarter.”
| About the role:|
We’re looking for a hands-on product owner obsessed with delivering a seamless, transparent, simple experience to our customers who has ambition to grow and comfort with the fast-moving pace of a start-up fintech environment. You will play a lead role in establishing the product function for our new U.S. business. You will work closely with a seasoned, industry vertical-specialized business development team, our global technology team, and cross-functionally across the entire organization to create and deliver digital consumer financial services experiences.
Your success will drive consumer passion for the OpyPay solution.
| What the role is responsible for:|
- Enhance, build, and continuously improve Opy’s consumer facing digital user interfaces including native mobile applications and mobile web solutions
- Own business requirements drafting for all US CX development working closely with technology partners
- Support development teams in progress as required and for oversight.
- Approve completed work.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business development, operations, engineering, risk, and compliance on product development throughout discovery, validation, and prioritization
- Deploy user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs; incorporate test & learn approach to rapidly enhance and improve from MVP to next evolution
- Translating product design concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experience
- Partner with a dedicated engineering team to define technological design and scope including architecture, APIs, data models, and integrations
- Ensure that product roadmap and prioritization processes are well communicated and socialized across the organization
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of any identified issues
- Inspire and champion the Opy consumer experience both internally and externally
- Implement strategies to enhance product adoption, pricing and performance
- Be as obsessed with details as with getting to end of job
| What you’ll need to have:|
- 5+ years’ experience as a product owner (PO) or business analyst (BA) in digital consumer retail finance. Experience in consumer finance a plus.
- Demonstrated successful record in helping translate business needs into detailed business requirements understood by technology engineering teams
- Experience working with Lucid Charts/Visio, Azure Dev ops/Jira and other tech dev and design tools
- Experience in building, managing and leading a high-performing product design and technical implementation team in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a rock star squad on a mission to change the US marketplace and enhance the livelihoods of consumers and merchants
- The opportunity to get in early and help shape an organization and be a strong contributor to its lift off and maturation
- Career growth opportunities, including to take ownership of key issues
- A fun, innovative, and fulfilling organizational culture:
- We are a diverse group of dynamic, fast-moving, high energy team players
- We have fun and value work-life balance.
- We value open communication – you are encouraged to own it with passion and have your say
- We celebrate individual differences – where you can be yourself and bring your own unique value
- We enjoy each other’s company and look after each other with regular social events and a companywide well-being program
Read Full Job Description