Jellyvision is hiring a Product Manager
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NE, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI.
What we do
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
Who we are
Jellyvision is committed to continuous evolution and to fostering a more diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected. It doesn’t matter your race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, or country of origin...we just want amazing people who are willing to grow along with us.
How you’ll help
We are investing heavily in helping people make the most of their benefits, whether that means through thoughtful reminders or cutting through the noise and explaining only what matters to individual people. The role of a Product Manager at Jellyvision is to perform ongoing stakeholder and product discovery to validate needs, launch and scale new solutions to benefit our constituents, and measure the success of the things that we do.
What you'll do
- Evaluate and evolve the strategy for how Jellyvision can deliver the most value to users and increase user acquisition and engagement in benefits, with the “secret sauce” of ALEX and behavior science in your toolkit.
- Drive the utilization of ALEX year round. You’ll discover, evangelize and deliver on the largest problems our customers and users are facing when it comes to making the most of their benefits.
- Develop a strong understanding of our industry and the competitive landscape.
- Support efforts for willingness to pay and monetization strategy (or the financial value of opportunities via efficiency/profitability, in the case of internally-focused work). Seek out ways to drive monetization through different channels. Create a business case for any investments or tradeoffs.
- Create and maintain a four-quarter rolling roadmap for your problem area.
- Work with Creative and Engineering to create, test, and evaluate concepts. Make decisions on what moves forward, iterates, or gets shelved based on product development pipeline stage gate questions.
- Work with cross functional teams in Implementation, Product Marketing and Revenue teams to build go-to-market plans and materials, and successfully launch and scale products in-market.
- Based on performance and market analysis, propose and drive key iterations, pivot/sunset decisions, and the roadmap for future iterations. Be proactive in developing options to ensure the product can be successful.
- Create requirements and work with cross-functional teams (Creative, Production, Engineering, etc) to continually prioritize and execute features, define releases, write stories, etc.
- Leverage your experience in user acquisition, funnel management and reporting to make key decisions to improve user value and conversion.
Experience & skills you'll need
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- Strong analytical skills that support business performance and data driven decisions.
- Experience communicating new concepts to internal stakeholders, executives, and partners to promote & gain feedback on new features or products.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally.
- Knowledge of customer discovery, product discovery, ideation, and design thinking practices.
- Customer focus
- Communicates effectively
- Nimble learning
- Decision quality
- Balances stakeholders
- Plans and aligns
- Manages ambiguity
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!