Product Manager (San Diego, CA)
We are currently looking for a Product Manager within our Commercial Pool Small Business Unit (SBU) to join the team at our North America Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The position of Product Manager within the Commercial Pool SBU is a critical management role requiring a candidate with a strong track record in strategic product development and cross-functional leadership. The Commercial Pool product category is strategically important to our global business performance, and therefore requires close cross-functional collaboration with sales, engineering, quality, supply chain, finance, and senior marketing leadership.
The Product Manager is responsible for product development, launches, communication strategies, competitive analysis, and for driving sustaining projects critical to ensure a competitive, customer focused, product portfolio. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements through end-user and prescriber research, managing the product portfolio lifecycle, executing the product vision and product roads, and delivering to market through active forecasting, messaging, promotions, and training content to ensure revenue, consumer, and customer satisfaction goals are met.
This is a high-visibility role requiring someone who can clearly formulate and drive execution of the tactical plans to achieve those goals. The Product Manager is the key liaison between Engineering and Marketing/Sales with a leadership role in the development of product road strategies for growth and profitability. Additionally, you will:
- Drive and support marketing efforts including but not limited to reputation management, programs and promotions, and website and in-store content.
- Oversee coordination of all product development responsibilities for respective category.
- Define and manage a 3-5 year forward looking product roadmap.
- Establish key customer insights and represent the Voice of the Customer, utilizing qualitative and quantitative research. Provide guidance and direction to Engineering to maximize customer value.
- Lead the commercialization of New Product Launches. Lead the development of core positioning and comprehensive marketing launch plans to consumers and customers.
- Analyze sales data, market share, pricing, costs, and profit for regular reporting and to identify trends, strategies, and tactics. Set pricing and manage costs to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Be an expert in the market relative to the competition, category trends, and share position. Create business plans and product development documents as required.
- Strong presentation skills required including creation of PowerPoint or other related content, to influence internal and external stake holders.
- Assist Brand & Communications team with development of literature, collateral materials, technical writing, copy editing, etc. to support marketing of respective products.
- Cross-functional support with Brand & Communications, Channel Marketing, Training, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
- Brief and train Sales, Training, Customer Service, and Service personnel within the organization.
- Support related tradeshows, customer events, sales meetings.
- Some travel is required
WHAT WE SEEK
- 7+ years of work experience in a marketing field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with in-field user work / research within construction or building trades is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in related fieldWHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Flexible vacation
- Hybrid option
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We’re an industry‐leading, global company with a legacy of innovation. Offering an extensive array of quality‐designed pool and spa equipment, our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands in the business: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects®, Dell® and Nature2® names.
Recognized as the foremost provider of reliable and visionary pool equipment, our reach extends worldwide across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets. We now have over 7,000 employees, a presence in over 45 countries and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork and inclusion, learn and adapt, excellence and innovation.
Don't know if you meet every single requirement listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building a diverse and inclusive workspace, so if you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! While your experience may not effectively meet the requirements for this role, there may be another role in the organization that does better align with your experience and background. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status.