Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is built by an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. Our Commerce Platform team sits at the foundation of Square's products, powering the core capabilities that sit at the heart of Square's commerce solutions. The Pricing team within Commerce Platform oversees the platforms that allow features such as Surcharges, Discounts and advanced Catalog Pricing Rules for sellers to design and run their business. As the lead Product Manager for the Pricing Platform, you will build core features that impact the millions of small businesses using our platform to start, run, and grow their business.
As the lead Product Manager for Pricing Platform within Commerce Platform, you will oversee platform and product development from ideation through to delivery. You will build the strategy for how core pricing features fit into Squares omni-channel experiences across our web (Square Online Store, Web Point of Sale) and mobile (Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, Square for Appointments) solutions. You will advocate for the voice of our sellers and 3rd party developers to provide a set of platform capabilities and user experiences that are not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but also create a competitive advantage for Square. This is a visible role that provides an opportunity to oversee an essential piece of Square's platform strategy.
This position will report to the Product Head for Prices & Devices, a sub-group of Square's Commerce Platform organization, where you will collaborate with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure our products provide a remarkable, delightful experience. On any given day, your job may include researching seller feedback, building a new strategy, presenting to executive leadership, building new experiences, iterating on experiments, and planning or prioritizing initiatives. You will oversee the full stack product management of the platform, APIs, and user-experiences that empower sellers with flexible solutions to differentiate their business and succeed.
- Be a senior leader within the product organization
- Help shape the direction, influence product strategy, and establish practices to address customer needs.
- Drive efforts to understand detailed seller needs, and measurable success criteria to assess the impact of your team's features
- Use feedback from sellers and developers across multiple markets to improve our feature portfolio to meet needs across the entire Square ecosystem.
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization process of projects for your cross-functional team to achieve defined goals.
- Work with your engineering, design, and analytics partners to execute on your team's roadmap
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization.
- Determine features, write product and technical specs, organize user studies, help write test plans, manage the backlog.
- Experience building mobile and web products - including experience working on products with developer facing interfaces (i.e. APIs and SDKs) and shipping elegant customer-facing products
- Experience in the e-commerce/retail/payments industry and familiarity with pricing engines and cart building experiences (preferred)
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Product Manager for a platform or consumer oriented product
- Experience working with a high-performing team of software engineers, using agile software development practices
- Experience working with data analytics to understand product usage, identify opportunities, and design experiments that allow you to measure your products performance
- Passion for Square's mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.