Product Manager - Global Payouts at Uber
About the Role
Uber's vision of igniting opportunities everywhere and for everyone is only realised if customers in our marketplace can seamlessly pay for services on our platform, and we in turn can pay our partners. The Uber Money team is an integral and crucial part of realizing that vision. Our mission is to ensure the experience of paying and being paid is as seamless, personal and ubiquitous as possible. As a PM on the Money - Disbursements team, you'll be responsible for helping shape how Uber Partners get paid worldwide on-time, every time and thus impact the business growth and engagement.
What You'll Do
The Payments disbursement product manager is the domain owner for our Payout (disbursement) network, who drives the efforts around expanding payment methods coverage, real-time disbursements and payments compliance. This PM owns the vision & strategy for our extensive payment disbursement network that spans 69 countries and over 50 currencies. The Disbursement PM also owns the roadmap of improving payments reliability to garner earner trust & operational process automation to gain payout processing efficiency.
This would entail the following:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, align all members of cross-functional team
- Understand the needs of our users, potential users as well as various lines of business to define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product area
- Drive the cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals challenging all members to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, including internal partners and leadership teams
- Understand our data and uncover ways to iterate on effectiveness, usage, and quality
- Build a plan to grow & scale the existing product through high-velocity experimentation
- Work closely with engineering, design, data science, and lines of businesses to determine what features to build next
- 5+ yrs of experience delivering highly successful products - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste - own what you build
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- Data-driven: you always get the data you need, and you can distill it into an insightful story. Most importantly, you maximise data to drive strategic decisions
- Technical skills: Ability to inform and evaluate engineering decisions
- User-focused: You are passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges to impact users negatively
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Ability to effectively manage multiple partner needs and effectively prioritise and support multiple teams
- Great presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Product Management building consumer products
- Knowledge of payments domain is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.