By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
ABOUT THE TEAM
We’re looking for a Product Manager that thrives at the intersection of insurance, data, design, and technology! As a product manager, you will lead our multi-disciplinary teams through the full product lifecycle — from conception through release — building products that drive business goals and address customer needs. Our ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven leader with strategic and hands-on experience in a high-growth organization. If this sounds like you, read on!
You will be joining the Enrollment team, collaborating cross-functionally with our Underwriting department, to build internal tools that handle the overall framework that supports enrollment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Create a vision and strategy for your product on the Enrollment team. Ensuring alignment of vision and strategy is critical to success at Bestow.
- Prioritize features by making data-informed hypotheses to their expected value compared to expected development cost. This will require making difficult trade-off decisions.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager and Technical Project Manager to plan what the team will deliver and the timeline for that product release. This will require coordination with various stakeholders such as Customer Service, Compliance, Growth, and Underwriting.
- Own, manage and prioritize the creative process with your team. Bestow is uniquely positioned to create unique, innovative product ideas. Your squad could be building our next major breakthrough.
- 2+ years experience in a product management role
- Track record of owning and delivering high-quality projects on time
- Experience writing software functional requirements in an agile environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate with different personality types and roles (e.g., engineering, insurance, customer service, customers)
- Ability to lead
- Comprehensive understanding of usability and interaction design
- Previous experience in insurance or underwriting
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO plan
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Generous equity grant based on level
- Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
Read Full Job Description