Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is the world’s largest network of communities and amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members create, manage, and grow all of the content and communities that make up the Reddit experience. Reddit already inspires hundreds of millions of people across the globe each month, and the Growth (Channels) team is seeking a Product Manager who can help connect even more users to the right content and communities at the right time. With billions of events and terabytes of data a day, there is a vast and ever growing array of content in Reddit that users want to be notified about.
The Channels team is responsible for one of the company’s major product surface areas that drive a significant portion of Reddit’s user growth. You will work on building a real-time notifications platform (in-app, push, email) that can surface the right content to the right user at the right time. You will also be responsible for tackling difficult challenges around personalization, relevance, and ranking at enormous scale by using machine learning and data to help build a delightful product. This role will partner closely with the Senior Product Manager on the team.
- Execute product vision and strategy for our Channels user experiences and platform, focused on increasing usage of Channels via improvements to relevance and personalization.
- Maintain and communicate a prioritized roadmap to support Channels and company strategic initiatives
- Work closely with developers and product managers to understand problems, capture new ideas and manage a prioritized backlog of requirements
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve dependencies and perform data-driven prioritization
- Analyze feature/experiment results and communicate learnings to the team and the company.
- Synthesize insights by analyzing data to help build more personalized and better product features.
- Work closely with internal business, operations and partnerships teams in launching and maintaining features that impact Reddit’s growth.
- Drive market and usability research to understand opportunities and develop strategy.
Required Experience: :
- You have experience growing at-scale consumer products and understanding of growth, personalized email and push notifications.
- You have strong analytical skills, can build SQL queries from scratch and are able to solve complex problems by analysing data, leading to data driven decisions.
- You have a passion and drive for testing and learning at a fast pace.
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit's wider business objectives
- You have exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- 3+ years of product management experience:
Preferred Experience: :
- Engineering and/or Data Science background
- Experience working on ML or relevance products
- Experience with consumer growth marketing
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].