Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it’s no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That’s why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
As a Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company's strategic product areas and have material impact on business outcomes. You will own the responsibility of building Coalition’s Security products including Coalition Control and Binary Edge.
- You will build a differentiated product roadmap by identifying important problems , opportunities for innovation, understanding the needs of the key personas and studying the market and competition.
- You will collaborate with several internal and external stakeholders to prioritize ruthlessly, make swift decisions/tradeoffs and deliver the roadmap to the market.
- You will partner with Engineering and Design to define detailed feature specifications and user experience, track dependencies and manage projects with efficient processes.
- You will track success of your deliverables and fine-tune goals based on continuous learning
- You will make solid product decisions based on metric driven analysis and qualitative user feedback
- You will obsess about user experience, our goals and delighting our customers
- You will be a thought-leader in the space and help strengthen Coalition’s security brand
- You will detect and find the root cause of fundamental problems and invest in projects that benefit the company long term
We are looking for product managers who have the right balance of user empathy, creativity, ability to roll up their sleeves and dive deep into unfamiliar domains and do what it needs to drive success. We're growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale responsibility with the company’s success.
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership, and work for one another.
- At least 7 years of experience building software/SaaS products
- Domain knowledge in cyber security
- Solid track record taking ideas (yours and others) all the way to customer benefit
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems to stakeholders from different areas of the business and guide discussions to actionable outcomes
- Track record of delivering products working with an agile engineering organization and managing dependencies across multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of growing user engagement and adoption via quantitative analysis and qualitative feedback
- Experience enhancing process efficiencies that scale
- Deep understanding of the capabilities of modern cloud-based technologies
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Ability to lead independently, through influence and acumen
- Highly effective communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Real-world experience with cybersecurity, playing defense, offense, or both
- Engaging writing for external audience: a company or personal blog, maybe instructional material to help drive adoption of your product
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More Information on Coalition
Coalition operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Coalition was founded in 2017. It has 618 total employees. To see all 36 open jobs at Coalition, click here.
Read Full Job Description