Manager, Product Delivery at The Walt Disney Company (New York City, NY)
Disney Streaming Services is seeking a Manager, Product Delivery to support the Product Platform and services teams.
As a Manager, Product Delivery you’ll be responsible for working collaboratively with our platform product managers defining platform requirements which you will deliver to services engineering teams to create scalable solutions for a unified platform.
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
- You will be intensely driven to ship great products for our customers, comfortable with uncertainty, flexible in your approach to planning and scheduling, and an enthusiastic partner to our platform product managers and services engineers ensuring the most clear context and detail behind the products we wish to create.
- You build strong relationships with services engineering teams, media delivery, and enterprise program management teams.
- You’ll have a background in consumer-facing products, and will have worked in complex/matrixed responsibility organizations
- Your intrinsic understanding of how to compromise and negotiate with others in the spirit of partnership with an eye constantly turned towards delivery will lead to your greatest success.
- You will lead a team of Product Delivery managers responsible for tracking and delivering all product requirements for all releases for a specific product.
- Define success metrics for product delivery engagements
- Track delivery impact understanding how to optimize your approach to delivery as tooling and delivery needs change
- Collaborate with client engineering, enterprise management, QA, product team leads on how delivery can better service the organization, evolving the the changing landscape of delivery
- 5+ years of experience as a Producer, TPM, QA Lead, Product Owner, or similar role
- Experience managing a team of 3-5 TPMs, release managers, design program managers or product owners
- Experience leading a team of developers through multiple product development cycles
- Proficient in utilizing Agile methodologies
- You collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future. You are transparent with that roadmap for all interested parties.
- You speak and write clearly without being verbose across all communications. You distill complex problems into essential elements, and communicate across the team and executives effectively
- Proven track record of presenting to and influencing senior management
- Software development background a bonus
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree or MS in technical field or equivalent work experience