Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We're looking for a talented, passionate Product Manager to join our Liability/New Markets team. This is a highly visible and cross-functional position with the primary goal of delivering best-in-class products to small businesses in multiple verticals. We believe that the insurance products available on the market today do not fit the needs of small businesses and we are committed to leading the charge in rethinking small business insurance as we know it. If you get excited about understanding & redesigning pricing, love thinking about risk, and want to work on initiatives that will have a real impact on the industry and the customer - we’d love to talk to you!
What You’ll Do:
- Zero-to-one launch of new products, customer segments and partnerships
- Own product roadmap; overseeing the coverage, pricing, and prioritization of growth initiatives
- Conduct industry research, competitive benchmarking, and small business owner interviews to prioritize the target customer’s biggest needs
- Be responsible for growth and profitability by optimizing pricing, tailoring coverages and underwriting, and rolling out new geographies and customer segments
- Partner closely with multiple teams including Compliance, Customer Operations, Technical Product, Engineering, Data Science, Analytics, Claims, and Legal
- Use the voice of the customer and product performance data to identify improvement opportunities in areas including experience simplification, pricing, and underwriting – then execute on them
- Be the ambassador of liability products to internal stakeholders and external partners
What We Need:
- 2+ years experience managing technical products from ideation to successful launch
- Customer obsessed, passionate about making great products that serve and empower small business owners
- Proven experience in using data driven methods in decision making and strong analysis skills
- Able to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience working with and presenting to senior leadership
- BA/BS degree required; graduate degree preferred
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.