Head of Product and Tech Ops at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Head of Product & Tech Ops is a critical role in our Product and Tech organization. This highly visible role has overall accountability for driving cross-functional alignment and enablement across our most critical outcomes and will bring strong domain experience in program management. This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers' unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of Product and Technology - ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common outcome. The role will also be tasked with helping to shape how work gets done, across PCTY, and aligning to broader programs & initiatives. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Reports To: Vice President or Above
Who you are:
• Creative thinker with the ability to implement lightweight processes, artifacts & routines, centered on key objectives in Product & Tech.
• Ability to influence across the organization. Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network, without the need for formal authority.
• Experienced in shaping organizational strategy including collaborating on every aspect of delivery of a product.
• Collaborative, innovative, and humble. This role will drive connective tissue for cross functional initiatives, in an organization that is designed for speed.
• Determined and willing to experiment, embracing constant feedback loops.
• Leader who focuses on talent development by creating enabling and inclusive environments and identifying, coaching, and cultivating high potential talent.
• A superior communicator with an affinity for change management.
• Relates well to all levels of the organization, up, down, and across, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations with ease.
• Effectively manage change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture and learn from the direction taken.
• Experienced in identifying, evaluating, and improving ways of working across multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
• Identify, develop, and articulate the appropriate program management approach for key Product & Tech initiatives; develop the overall strategy to enable an agile environment to deliver on large scale missions.
• Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for all matters relating to current and future technologies.
• Drive the annual planning process aligning key initiatives with resource plans.
• Own and improve the Quarterly Business Reviews.
• Oversee publication of monthly metrics decks and ensure we continue to improve the process to create and the outcomes we seek.
• Be a key interface with Talent Acquisition and Finance partners to track our growth plans.
• Identifies potential external technology partners for tools and services, oversees and evaluation process and ultimate selection and implement of new technologies.
• Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility, operational excellence, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development and retention of excellent product and technical talent.
• Build a high performing team capable of having operational and executional ownership of programs that span multiple organizations, and taking responsibility for key administrative needs.
• Be responsible for developing, monitoring, and executing strategic business projects focused on generating step function improvements to our product strategy.
Required Experience :
• Demonstrable work experience with technology company, including as a people manager. Have led critical programs that work across all areas of the organization and help to build a Program Management Office.
• Compelling leadership style that includes extraordinary people, program management skills, business and technology expertise with a style that inspires and demonstrates confidence.
• Experience leading Agile engineering practices.
•Possess a blend of business to have a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action.
• Experience working in a matrix environment collaborating with product owners, software engineers, UX, test engineers and other technical roles.
• Previous experience in leadership roles working in a fast-paced environment.
• Domain experience with Payroll, HR, Time & Attendance, Benefits, and Data Integration solutions, a plus (interest in developing and maintaining this expertise, an absolute must).
• A proven track record of defining business KPIs and then delivering on those KPIs to drive profitable growth.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $152,295 - $223,233 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.