Group Product Manager - Biz Growth (Remote) at Yelp (Detroit, MI)
| Detroit, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:11 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 26, 2022
Yelp is used by millions of small and local businesses to manage their online presence. These businesses turn to Yelp because of its unique position to help them grow and reach potential customers. By partnering with local businesses to identify their needs, our Product & Engineering teams are able to build innovative products and features to support them and foster success.
Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger. We’re looking for a product leader who can continue to grow our local business segment by getting more of these businesses onto the Yelp platform. You will be responsible for defining the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for this key area, along with leading and growing a team of high performing product managers. You’ll partner with Marketing, Operations, and Design & Engineering teams to bring your vision to a reality. Your work will have a huge impact on Yelp and the local business community.
The team you’ll work with is creative, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment.
This opportunity requires you to be located in the United Kingdom.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Lead the Local Biz Growth team in London, including overall metrics, business impact, product vision, and roadmap.
- Hire and develop a team of product managers into strong leaders and help your team craft their objectives, KPIs, and roadmaps.
- Use data, market, and customer research to define a product roadmap with a focus on driving growth for the local SMB segment for Yelp.
- Communicate your vision, strategy, and roadmap with executive leadership.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as marketing, design, and engineering, and bring them together to execute on a common vision.
- Be an ambassador for your team and their initiatives.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of hands-on experience delivering highly successful and innovative products that drive impact and revenue.
- Experience leading a team of PMs: you’re personally invested in coaching, mentoring, and making great PMs even better.
- Focused on building businesses, not features: entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics.
- Creative thinking: you can define the right goals to drive a business successfully and bring creative thinking to deliver on those goals.
- Biased toward action: you’re constantly pushing for alignment and execution. You’re scrappy and encourage your team to be resourceful.
- You set a high bar for your own contributions and the people you work with. You work well with others, and they’re excited to have you on their team.
- You align with Yelp’s mission of connecting people with great local businesses, and already have ideas about how to make those connections stronger.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Information on Yelp
Yelp operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and New York, NY. Yelp was founded in 2004. It has 7236 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 177 open jobs at Yelp, click here.
Read Full Job Description