Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Product Specialist, you have a great responsibility to ensure that customers who attend our events walk away feeling intimately cared for and supported. We are seeking to build a team of customer-centric individuals with an uncanny ability to deliver exceptional hospitality. You will humanize the process towards ownership with a can-do attitude and ability to innovate on the fly to meet the customer where they are in their own journey. You will be proactive in finding the best solutions at hand and continue to evolve and refine thinking to ensure we over-deliver on every aspect of our customer’s expectations.
Demonstration drives is the moment in which our customers will experience our vehicle and our brand for the very first time. Your role is to enhance their experience with the subtleties in which we greet, engage, and guide them through their time spent in our space. The demonstration drive program provides our preorder holders a chance to ask questions, experience the product, and discover what is next on their journey. This program will begin with tours launching in the summer for an approximate 4-month duration.
As a Product Specialist, you will take on one of the following roles at each of our events:
- Support the check-in process by greeting our customers, confirming their appointment, and facilitating their registration process
- Host welcome meetings with groups of customers thanking them for their attendance, explaining what can be expected for the day, delivering an engaging vehicle walk around and answering preliminary questions
- Act as a source of knowledge for our customers in our Q&A area to provide more detailed information on our product, service, financing, insurance, charging as well as more details on our brand
- Most importantly, your role as a product specialist is to connect with our customers on a deeper level, engaging in conversation to better understand who they are as individuals
- Participate in a 4-month travelling demonstration drive tour program with 100% travel within the United States. Some candidates may be considered for Canadian event support at a later date
- Engage with customers 4-6 days a week on foot and outdoors with travel to and from the next location
- Deliver demonstration drive experiences that are best-in-class, authentic, engaging, educational, and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture
- Utilize your training, skills and toolkit to engage customers ensuring that the customer’s needs are understood and exceeded
- Take a learning-based approach – we are introducing products that challenge what people believe to be possible and this requires us to breakdown complex ideas into something fun and easy to understand
- Connect with customers to understand where they are on their journey by asking questions and engaging in thoughtful conversations while sharing your passion for adventure, technology, and stewardship
- Collaborate with the onsite team to support the in-person customer journey and beyond through continued documentation of specific customer insights and follow ups as needed
- Collect customer feedback to ensure we measure customer satisfaction and improve as individuals, team members, and as a program
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all event components, experiences, and programming, CRM, configuration, EV education and test drives
- Prioritize safety in all interactions with staff, customers, and the event environment
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team that follow our policies and procedures
- Jump in with any team member, on any task, to maintain successful operation and ensure your event is driving positive results. Come to the site with a can-do attitude to help make a positive impact for the customers we serve and the overall team
- Represent the brand 24/7 both on and off site
- 2-5 years of experience providing outstanding customer service, delivering product demonstrations, activating field events, supporting hospitality or facilitating demonstration drives
- Previous ride and drive full length tour experience a plus
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and engaging customer interaction style with a commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Ability to multi-task while providing exceptional quality of work
- Excellent verbal language skills in English, additional languages a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- Ability and willingness to travel 100% of contracted time inclusive of weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR and possess valid driver license
- Regarding COVID-masks will be required
- Required to demonstrate proof of full vaccination
The company policy continues to be assessed with new information
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.