Elasticsearch - Principal Product Manager - Data Management team at Elastic
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elasticsearch engineering is seeking an experienced, technical Product Manager to be responsible for the Data Management team. Elasticsearch, the search engine and datastore at the heart of Elastic's offerings, powers use cases from Enterprise Search, to Observability, to Security, and even analysis of telemetry data from NASA's rovers on Mars. We are looking for a person who has helped define the vision and made critical decisions in the evolution of a platform over multiple years, and ideally someone with experience in large scale ETL, data storage and data lifecycle management.
What you will be doing:
- Define and track the priorities and requirements for this team, including data ingestion, indexing, storage and lifecycle management.
- Work closely with the Elasticsearch Team and Tech Leads to define and maintain a shared vision for the future of Elasticsearch.
- Work with downstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to discover, align, and prioritize their needs: understanding their timing requirements and helping think through phased approaches.
- Work with our Sales & Marketing teams on go-to-market, messaging, competitive analysis and enablement.
- Capture market competitive and trend data, customer and community feedback and usage information to develop product insights.
What you bring along:
- Strong experience (ideally 5+ years) in product management.
- Experience with the lifecycle of data and large scale ETL - eg. Kafka for streaming and processing data, data lakes for storage.
- Experience defining requirements for and contributing to the design of enterprise platform API’s.
- Experience with one or more of the common use cases for the Elastic Stack, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, security analytics, GIS, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Solid understanding of B2B business models and sales motions.
- Curiosity and an open mind.
- Humble attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company.
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour.
- Direct experience with the Elastic Stack.
- Comfortable working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team.
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.