Location: Remote in U.S.
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
This role is with our new Ciitizen team. Ciitizen is a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information. We are looking for a motivated Director of Product Management that will own the Product Management function at Ciitizen reporting into CTO/VP of Engineering. The person will be responsible for two broad areas; Data and Products. Each of these areas will have their respective teams that will report into this role. The data team will be responsible for the roadmap, strategy and execution for Ciitizen’s data platform, whereas the Products team will be responsible for Ciitizen’s end user and partner products, and operational users and products.
The Director Product Management is responsible for crafting business value via Ciitizen’s data and products, and will collaborate with executive leadership and department heads to set up a process for roadmap discovery and prioritization. The role is responsible for building strategic relationships across leaders in Business, Operations, and Engineering that will result in mutual trust and efficient execution of the product process, resulting in consistent timelines and quality.Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Building a business value driven framework and supporting processes for collaborating with executive management, business, operations and engineering teams
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap that is aligned with agreed goals which go beyond feature delivery.
- The roadmap needs to reflect how it will aid the business goals and what impact the product will have on it.
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings and present the product status via a dashboard.
- Communicate the trade offs to partners based on priorities or change of priorities
- Incorporate technical debt as a roadmap item using the same business value driven approach as new features or product areas.
- Establish a process and framework for making build vs buy decisions
- Establish a collaborative process with engineering by defining the entry and exit criteria and hand off between the teams.
- Collaborate with business, operations and executive management teams to understand their roadmaps and align the product roadmap to aid that.
- Establish a metrics and data driven culture within product management that measures business value and not just feature delivery.
- Mentor the product team to develop a relationship of trust and accountability with their engineering counterparts
- Establish a habit of excellence, innovation and out of the box thinking within the product organization.
- Establish mutual trust with engineering, business and operations teams across product organization.
- Build a proficient product team of self driven individuals who take ownership, accountability and pride in their work.
- Setup OKRs for each team and each member of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Design, Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines or equivalent experience in product leadership roles
- 15+ years of proven track record in building software products, and at least 5 years as a Product Management professional
- Strong collaboration, and communication skills
- Experience in healthcare domain, specifically around health records, health data or patient focused solutions like clinical trials and real world data is helpful
- Hands on experience with product management methodologies and frameworks
- Proven track record of delivering products that have scaled and have delivered measurable business value
- Proven record of demonstrating leadership skills and leading by example
- Experience with mentoring product teams and instilling the values of value driven thinking and data/metrics driven methods.
- Hands-on experience with iterative product development using agile methodologies.
- Experience with data science and machine learning is desirable but not required
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.