Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Your mission is to drive architecture and technical strategy for Toast's Guest line of business (LOB). You will be the most senior technologist in this line of business, accountable for growing our guest business to tens of billions of dollars per year. Your scope will include all Guest Facing products including Digital Ordering, Loyalty, Gift Card, Digital Marketing, and Guest Data. With the rapid growth of these products, reliability and scalability are paramount. This position is part of the Guest leadership team. It does not require people management.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and drive an architectural vision to support the continued aggressive growth of Toast and our Guest product suite
- Be an active participant and the authoritative technical voice in Guest product strategy discussions
- Partner with the Guest VP of Engineering and VP of Product to successfully deliver Guest products from design to production
- Work closely with Toast's CTO, Chief Architect and technical leads for the 3 other Toast LOBs to advance the overall architecture at Toast, finding the right mix between centralized consistency and LOB independence
- Build relationships with and work with key Toast technology partners
- Mentor and develop technical leadership across Guest engineering teams
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 15+ years experience designing and building highly scalable, mission-critical distributed software systems
- 10+ years experience building and operating SaaS products, ideally AWS hosted
- Demonstrated ability to drive architectural vision for a company or highly scalable line of products
- A desire to work not only with technologists but also product owners and business leaders
- Ability and desire to draw big lines and boxes on a whiteboard with the ability to dig in and understand the ebb and flow of what the code is doing under load
- Ability and desire to communicate and influence at the executive level
Special Sauce (Nonessential skills)
- Expertise in designing Cloud Native B2C Applications at scale
- Expertise in designing data models on NoSql databases and DynamoDB
- Experience architecting event-driven distributed systems using Apache Pulsar
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.