Principal A/R Accountant
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As Principal A/R Accountant, you'll manage all A/R related accounting matters to include CECL reserving analysis and process, A/R monthly reconciliations and generate monthly A/R journal entry. The role will assist with cash reconciliation of A/R to Bank statements. You'll coordinate SOX functions across departments will also be an important function of this role. Additionally, you will interact with both internal and external auditors to meet auditing requirements.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Assist your management team in ensuring all monthly account receivable transactions are identified and completed on time in Oracle A/R module for month end close activities
- Review commercial sales contracts for customer credits, non-standard billing terms and requirements & support Billing Inquiries.
- Coordinate with Technical Accounting and Revenue team in supporting and verifying A/R transaction that require certain revenue recognition treatments
- Coordinate with other relevant stakeholders to verify timing, delivery, and other billing and A/R parameters associated with non-standard revenue contracts
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining all A/R reconciliations, revenue shares and setting up the transactional accounting in the system and the customer's credit risk
- Maintain and update the Bad Debt analysis and update the monthly Bad Debt entry by company divisions. Create monthly reporting to avoid any delay in the monthly closing process and identify areas for system/process/report improvements and create efficiencies while maintaining audit/SOX compliance; help lead system enhancements and initiatives for the A/R and Billing team
- Prepare documentation for quarterly/ annual audit requests
- Introduce new Billing and A/R audit/SOX controls or modify existing ones as required for internal/external audits while maintaining and monitoring efficiencies
- Manage A/R activity and assist Sales, Deal Management, and others, as it relates to trade AR & Billing Inquiries.
- Appropriate escalations when you see processes are being circumvented and negotiate corrective action/resolution and/or process modification
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- At least seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in finance, accounting, revenue recognition, and other revenue analyses
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and MS Excel pivoting and report modeling
- Experience with contracting/accounting systems - specific experience in Oracle highly preferred
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills that support consistently meeting monthly and quarterly deadlines related to reviewing contracts, recording revenues, generating reports, and other ad-hoc and close activities
- Effective communicator, both written and spoken with strongly developed interpersonal skills to help lead and mentor peers
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively as part of and/or leading a team
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems
- This role is subject to ITAR/EAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee)
It would be nice if you had:
- Master's degree from an accredited university with a major in finance or accounting
- Ten (10) or more years of demonstrated revenue recognition experience
- Advanced skills in excel and Oracle experience
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Flexible work arrangements and hybrid work policy of 3 days per week onsite experience
Other Job Info
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
About Us As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled