WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
ActBlue Interns support departments throughout the organization in projects and
Intern positions are designed for students who are passionate about politics, advocacy, and our work of helping small-dollar donors make an impact. As an intern, you will also have an intern supervisor who you’ll meet with weekly to discuss your work and goals. Our current intern positions are in our Customer Service and Marketing departments, so communications and marketing majors and backgrounds are preferred, though all are welcome to apply.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Projects will vary based on the department to which you are assigned, but may include the following:
- Actively research and present trends in marketing and design innovation.
- Create spreadsheets and other helpful documents to organize and compile data;
- Conduct recurring audits and assist in organizing/generating content for the ActBlue Support site, website, and brand guidelines.
- Assist with the monitoring and development of automated systems and workflows;
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Join and contribute to Department meetings.
- Build a strong cohort with other ActBlue interns and meet regularly to network and collaborate.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission.
- Availability from October .
- Willingness and ability to work 20-30 hours per week.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive information.
- Preferred: communications, marketing, and/or customer service related major or background, though all are welcome to apply
Join us for a unique and rewarding remote undergraduate internship experience! We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The application process may include:
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone interview (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom interview with the department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote hourly employees in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($20 per hour), which includes benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting in to ActBlue’s 401k program. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
ActBlue is deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. We commit to retaining, developing, recruiting, and hiring a diverse staff community. We honor the dignity of all. We celebrate their unique qualities. And we recognize the wide range of human differences, backgrounds, and intersectional identities that enrich the workspace and help us better meet our mission. If you feel a connection to our mission and see your interests reflected in this job description we encourage you to apply - even if you don’t meet every requirement.
ActBlue is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact us at [email protected] to get started.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.