VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE - Surety Underwriting Services Specialist at CNA
Applying to this posting will register you to attend our Virtual Open House. Once registered, our Recruiter will email you with your personal link to attend the Open House on Thursday, December 9th.
Under general supervision, handles customer fulfillment for all calls and e-mail relating to policy issuance coverage, bond requirements, status premium payment methods, reinstatements, cancellation, renewal, adjustment and new bond issuance. Provide customer technical support and agent/user training for agent facing solutions including; bONdLINE Surety Portal and E-Pay. Provide customer fulfillment for Surety Claim, Accounts Receivable, and Agency Licensing. Provide assistance to surety agents, bond holders and field staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Works with external customers (broker agent and/or client) to provide detailed responses in writing and/or phone to agents, direct customer, broker, field associates, or state agencies related to bond and policy provision, rating, coverage, status change or issue regarding premium/billing, claim, agent contracting/licensing agent commission payments and sales support. Includes customer service call support for Surety Claim Agency Licensing Accounts Receivable and Field Services.
2. Partners with Underwriting to assist external customers with the best underwriting solution.
3. Identifies or anticipates customer needs and recommends solutions and appropriate coverage.
4. Identifies sales opportunities and uses consultative selling skills to place new business cross-sell coverages.
5. Listens to the needs and concerns of the customer and works with team members to achieve mutual goals.
6. Carries out instructions within an existing procedural work routine.
7. Uses advanced features of business applications and knowledge and use of internal systems including Finesse, Verint, Outlook, Skype, Form Letters, BPS/WAM and Image.
8. Uses advanced features of business application and knowledge and use of Best Practices, Sharepoint, MBDB, Surety Intranet, Inside CNA, rate manual, bond forms library and Notary manual.
9. Adherence to scorecard performance goals and measures for Contact Center call (quality compliance after call work hold time handle time and RONAs).
Typically Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
1. Moderate complexity knowledge and application of 10 surety bond families and underwriting appetite for more than 10000 bond coverages as well as 15 customer segmentations/customer channels/geographic regions.
2. Moderate complexity knowledge and application of business practices and execution for new business submission, renewals, cancellation adjustment processing and premium payment/transaction processing bonded coverage.
3. Moderate complexity knowledge and application of agent self service capabilities for customer facing business applications and services including: Bondline ePay and Surety Portal.
4. Strong written verbal and interpersonal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels.
5. Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and proactively to identify and resolve problems.
6. Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
7. Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
8. Acts with a sense of urgency to provide suplerior service to our customers and internal business partners. Takes ownership to complete tasks to a timely resolution.
9. Builds strong relationships with customers and colleagues demonstrates teamwork and collaboration.
10. Communicates professionally and effectively follow up and keeps customers informed.
11. Embraces existing and new technology. Effectively utilizes desktop tools to multi-task and deliver efficient customer service.
Education & Experience
1. High school diploma GED or equivalent experience.
2. Typically a minimum two years relevant experience.