Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
This position is for our Tessera Data business, which is focused on building a safer future, online and offline, by providing valuable people data to drive informed trust and safety decisions. Our industry-leading data serves as the backbone for background checks used to protect a company’s employees, customers, and community.
The Compliance Operations Specialist II, plays an important role at Tessera helping us understand our operations and vendor dependencies with our products and operational processes. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Customer and Vendor Operations, you will build and manage relationships with our external vendors.
We are looking for a self-managed professional who can work both collaboratively and autonomously and is able to comprehend and utilize information quickly in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Review and confirm the details provided by applicants to determine course of action regarding disputes both by phone and email
- Handle inbound consumer disputes, furnisher notifications, and full file disclosure requests according to legal requirements
- Investigate disputes by contacting courts by phone or public access searches to validate consumer claims
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure the intake process is compliant, accurate, and provides a great customer experience
- Identify basic process gaps to improve quality and timeliness of dispute intake
- Conduct agent training on dispute topics, as directed by management
What you bring:
- 1-2 years of escalated customer service and dispute processing experience in a similar environment
- 1-2 years of experience in FCRA-related dispute management
- Strong understanding of FCRA laws, CRA responsibilities, and industry standards
- Strong ability to juggle priorities and manage your time
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized -- not afraid to dig deep and handle a large workload
- Ability to make judgment calls -- self-driven and able to thrive while working independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- High quality work at a good pace
- Process and solution oriented: able to identify basic process issues and think of initial ideas for improving them
- Works well under pressure, comfortable in working within time restrictions and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage cross-functional communications across teams
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Ability to deliver training across various experience levels within a team
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $62,475 - $70,805.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.