Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician Senior – Production
What You’ll Do:
- Role tasks may include cleaning, parts/materials preparation, mechanical /electrical assembly, polymerics processing, manual soldering, adhesive/bonding and masking operations.
- While executing manufacturing operations, apply an advanced level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Duties and tasks that vary and moderate in complexity.
- Apply an advanced competency in use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment.
- Complete certification training and maintain required certifications as required.
- Apply solid computer skills to access & input data via computer interface or automated equipment.
- Utilize reading and comprehension skills to follow documented build instruction and/or suggest revision to existing instruction.
- May inspect or verify work of less experienced technicians.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A good mechanical aptitude, with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to demonstrate manual soldering skills that are compliant per J-STD-001 preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to self-start and be ambitious and conscientious.
- Experience or familiarity with any of the following areas preferred: equipment maintenance, composite layups, mechanical and/or electronic assembly.
- Experience in the Aerospace or Medical device industry preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $28.37 - $38.46 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.