Technical Support Specialist I at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Technical Support Specialist I is in charge of providing excellent support efforts for Paylocity's suite of applications. This is not your average Help Desk; you will be expected to learn multiple software products and fully support any questions or issues that may arise. The TSS will be focused on service request completion, incident detection, reporting, and resolution, and excellent customer service. The ideal candidate is a great communicator and is able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction. Basic computer skills are necessary, as the TSS will use diagnostic tools, data entry applications, office products, and SQL to assist with resolution. Travel also may be required for conferences and/or client visits.
Our clients contract with us to help them verify employment eligibility of their newly hired employees through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's E-verify program. As a member of this team, you will assist our clients with processing E-verify requests and helping them resolve old issues in need of attention. This could include:
- Submitting E-verify requests manually via the E-verify system
- Following up on cases which need additional action on the part of the client
- Answering general and specific questions about the E-verify process
- Conducting research on the E-verify website to get answers to client questions and then effectively communicating your findings back to your clients (and team)
- Running reports within the E-verify system to identify action items needed
- Follow up on old cases where action was not taken and needs to be resolved
- Monitor and prioritize the cases and phone calls in a timely manner from an end user experiencing problems with software and other computer related technologies
- Support technical issues by remote desktop management tools
- Track and maintain interactions through the entire lifecycle
- Learn and become an expert on application features, configuration, and supported third party software
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues and critical incidents through research and analysis
- Assist end-users on the modification of items that may include time off accruals, time and attendance, tax adjustments, and/or security requests by working directly with the client to ensure complete resolution
- Use intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills to break down and analyze data
- Assist in documentation where applicable
- Work through high-level analytical problems for best resolution
- Possess a positive demeanor to work with individuals with minimal technological aptitude. Able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction
- Search multiple knowledgebases that use support developed articles or prior troubleshooting cases as examples using Boolean, Keyword and Wildcard searches
- Associate's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field or equivalent years of work experience
- Strong MS Office skills, especially with Excel, specifically being able to import data and use pivot tables, and VLOOKUP
- Strong oral and written communication a must for thorough and consistent follow-up
- Ability to analyze data for high-level problem resolution
- Technical aptitude to learn database tools, such as SQL, or other software or internal developed tools
- Desire for continued learning
- Availability and flexibility to work varying shifts dependent on business needs
- Previous experience with Lean Six Sigma a plus
- Previous experience in a help desk/software support environment a plus
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.