Technical Support Engineer at WhiteSource
Our America’s WhiteSource Technical Support team is expanding. We are looking for talented Technical Support Engineers passionate about tackling the 21st-century challenges surrounding security and compliance associated with the use of open-source software.
The ideal candidate is innately curious and has a high aptitude for quickly learning the leading-edge technologies used in today’s SDLC practices. In addition to knowing WhiteSource’s offerings inside out, our Technical Support Engineers are excellent communicators, relentless about getting things done, out-of-the-box thinkers and masters of prioritization.
In this role, you will provide support services to WhiteSource customers and prospects, troubleshoot, reproduce and devise workarounds for customer issues as well as working closely with other departments (R&D, Product Management, and QA) to resolve them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in Technical Support or a customer facing technical role
- Experience working with different operating systems (Windows/Linux/Unix)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with SaaS environments (AWS, MS Azure) as well as on-premise
- Customer-oriented with outstanding communications skills in English (written and verbal)
- Willing to work flexible hours
Considered a plus:
- Experience with software development build tools (e.g. Maven, NPM, NuGet, Gradle, pip) - Big plus
- Experience with SDLC and DevOps tools (e.g. GitHub, BitBucket, JFrog Artifactory, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity) – Big plus
- Experience with container OS level virtualization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of serverless computing platforms (e.g. AWS Lambda)