Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Who You Are
Verkada is looking for a highly technical team member to support our growing base of enterprise customers. As a member of Technical Support, you will join a skilled team responsible for troubleshooting the entire line of Verkada products. You’ve been a strong individual contributor and taking on a people leadership role is the next step in your career.
In this player-coach role, you will be troubleshooting complex customer environments and educating customers on system installation and configuration. You will be collaborating with the engineering and product teams to identify and resolve bugs while providing crucial feedback to drive product improvement. Leadership is a must as you will be mentoring junior engineers on a wide range of subjects including; case and escalation management, communication strategies, and the Verkada Technology Suite.
If you want to make an impact and advance your career in the cloud-managed IoT space, we'd love to hear from you!
- Full-stack troubleshooting of the entire Verkada platform including, network, hardware, software, and electrical issues.
- Provide best practice design, installation, and configuration expertise to enterprise customers.
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing.
- Own customer issues and escalations from creation to resolution.
- Assist others with case escalations.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs.
- Write technical knowledge base articles and whitepapers.
- Staying up to date on the latest products and industry technologies.
- Build tools and processes that will scale.
- Mentor and lead junior team members.
- Partner with the rest of the team to solve challenging customer cases.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals: HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP, 802.11, firewalls, Ethernet/Cabling, PoE, and software systems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- 2+ years professional experience in a technical or IT role preferred.
- Leadership experience
Nice to Have
- Industry certifications: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+.
- Experience with electrical devices, Linux, APIs, Python, or other coding languages
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description