Technical Support Engineer II at FIS (Houston, TX)
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
What you will be doing
In this role you will provide day-to-day technical support for network infrastructure and desktop systems software and hardware to ensure proper operation of technology applications and equipment..
- Responds to initial technical support inquiries, resolves routine issues and refers more complex inquiries to senior technicians. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction.
- May instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the products/equipment as well as provide technical support services to customers including troubleshooting, problem resolution and diagnosing equipment interface problems during installations.
- Provides desk-side assistance in resolving technology support issues.
- Provides effective customer service in a 24X7X365 production environment (rotating on-call and holiday support may be required.
- Prioritizes and escalates support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting and responding to tickets
- Knowledge and understanding of hardware/software programs for assigned products
- Stays up-to-date with latest technology
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability and flexibility to work extended hours when necessary to maintain client satisfaction
What we offer you:
At FIS, you can learn, grow and make an impact in your career. Our benefits include:
- Flexible and creative work environment
- Diverse and collaborative atmosphere
- Professional and personal development resources
- Opportunities to volunteer and support charities
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.