Technical Support Engineer (Europe) (Remote) at Loom
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:41 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 14M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
This is an entry-level role in our team focused on providing a world-class, 24/7 support experience to all our Loom customers. We are the advocates of Loom to our customers and the advocates of our customers to Loom.
You will be responsible for supporting our customers via email (Zendesk) and occasional remote sessions. You will also work closely with other internal teams to serve as a technical consultant and assist with troubleshooting or quick fixes.
You will help them resolve any issues they encounter with our platform while proactively finding ways to enhance their experience with Loom. We take every opportunity to connect with our customers through the power of video and to help them be successful with Loom.
Our mission is to help change the future of communication at work. You will be an owner of Loom’s customer experience, elevating it with an element of humanity and advocacy.
Important note: We are looking for candidates located in the GMT or CET time zones to work a standard M-F schedule.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Actively support Loom’s customers via email, remote sessions, and Slack.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to become a Loom product expert and serve as a technical consultant to the rest of the support team.
- Identify, document, and report bugs and customer feature requests to share with our Product and Engineering teams
- Contribute to the betterment of Loom by troubleshooting, documenting, and reporting opportunities for improvement with the product and internal workflows.
- Serve as the advocate of the customer and come up with elegant solutions to support requests by being curious, proactive, and creative.
- Participate and thoughtfully provide ideas to continue building Support at Loom and contribute to the long-term success of our team.
What We're Looking For
- Experience working in technical roles with SaaS products in customer-facing roles (bonus points if you’ve used Zendesk, JIRA, and Slack).
- Have excellent written and spoken English and likes to over-communicate (with both customers and team).
- Dedication and sense of ownership in their role. Our team cares deeply about thinking critically and implementing new ideas.
- Frequently seeks opportunities for growth and has the ability to learn new technologies quickly and thrive on technical challenges.
- Adept at diving into the core of a problem and documenting findings in a clear manner.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of iOS, Android, and SDK platforms.
- Experience working with databases (simple actions).
- Exposure to media troubleshooting (video transcoding, bitrate, codecs, resolution, etc.).
- Any of these certifications or similar: AWS Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Apple Certified System Administrator, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
More Information on Loom
Loom operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Loom was founded in 2016. It has 212 total employees. To see all jobs at Loom, click here.
Read Full Job Description