Tax Technical Support Specialist at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Government Relations Tax Technical Support Specialist performs tasks under the guidance of the various members of the team. The Government Relations Tax Technical Support Specialist is part of a smaller team within Government Relations that is primarily responsible for setting up and maintaining our tax software to ensure it is working properly with our payroll software and ensure it is kept compliant.
Reports To: Project Manager Government Relations
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support internal team with various tasks and research.
- Troubleshoot reported system issues to identify if it's a process or system issue.
- Record details of system issues and outline the results and expected behavior.
- Assist with escalations and other tasks as needed.
- Review and document user-requested system enhancements.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research and troubleshoot system-related items.
- Ability to remain flexible, positive, and enthusiastic about changes and new assignments.
- Execute Front-End Application Testing & Research within Payroll and Tax Tools.
- Tax Table review and testing.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Payroll, Tax, or Accounting field
- Ability to learn and maintain new process proficiency
- General knowledge of federal and state employment tax legislation
- Master Tax and Paylocity Payroll system knowledge preferred.
- SQL experience desired.
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving ability
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.