Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Systems Administrator 2 is a member of the End User Technology Services team. This role delivers desktop support for employees and network/ infrastructure support for the Westminster, CA office. This role also has shared responsibilities for the organization. They are responsible for deployment, monitoring, maintenance, security, development, upgrades, and support of end user and office hardware (desktops, laptops, handheld devices, printers, drivers, software, email, patches, and operating systems) within our environment. The IT Services team provides IT services and support for all Bright Health employees. You will be a part of the team that is the first line of support for overall success. As a department we have a philosophy of all hands-on-deck. We do not shy away from small tasks that often happen behind the scenes.
The Systems Administrator 2 description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items
- Manage day to day support needs within Westminster office
- Troubleshoot local hardware and network issues and work with team to resolve
- Assist with technology training and support of users (including but not limited to PC hardware/software, desk phones, and other accessories as applicable)
- Manage inventory of IT devices within Westminster office for inventory planning and procurement
- Actively engaged with office administrative staff to ensure IT is meeting service requirements
- Image and setup end user systems for new hires and departures
- Maintain and Assist with Audio & Visual technology (Zoom Rooms and included equipment) for meetings
- Administer various functions within Windows 10, MacOS, & Mobile Device management systems, application testing, and OS & application deployment coordination
- Manage day to day activities and handle escalated tickets with our third-party help desk
- Assist with maintenance of system processes and support documentation
- Participate in user access audits
- Communicate with and train corporate employees on enterprise policies, standards, and best practices (including various End User Technology Services capabilities)
- Support users within our WVD (Windows Virtual Desktop) environment
- Assist in the execution of IT planned initiatives including hitting deadlines and achieving goals or projects as assigned (e.g. Tech Refresh and Upgrade initiatives)
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Associates degree (Ideally in Technology or Security), or equivalent work experience
- Five (5 )years’+ experience working with and providing technical support to End Users
- Technical expertise with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Working knowledge of the following platforms preferred: Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Zoom Rooms, Cisco Meraki, and Remote Desktop applications.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects within a team environment to assist with advancing the greater End User Technology Team goals
• A can-do, positive attitude
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications on your own
- Skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, and the analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of complex information
- Outstanding communication skills as well as proficiency in interpreting results and formulating recommendations/action plans
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- No licensures or certifications are required for this role.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.