Supv Pre-Analytical at Baylor Scott & White Health (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:42 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, June 5, 2022
JOB SUMMARYHIRING IMMEDIATELY The Supervisor of Pre-Analytical directs the collection and processing of quality specimens in a safe manner. Aids in the delivery of exceptional patient care. Leads and facilitates the Phlebotomist and other clinical staff to collect and process quality specimens in a safe manner. Coaches for positive behavior and performance. Responsible to schedule and coordinate staff to meet patient needs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Leads and mentors Phlebotomists and other staff by communicating technical and general information in a professional and constructive manner, has HR responsibilities of team.
- Responsible for high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct.
- Evaluates staff behaviors and performance to achieve department goals with a focus on continuous improvement through competency assessment and other tools.
- Follows all established specimen collection, labeling, transportation, and handling procedures. Performs all delegated functions as defined by facility CLIA Director.
- Builds cohesive team through collaboration and innovation.
- Coordinates and schedules staff to meet patient and departmental need. Responsible for the delivery of quality work and service of staff.
- Monitors quality and safety reports.
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex instructions in an easy to understand.
- Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform service recovery.
- Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and direction of the work of supervised employees using established guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to make effective hiring and termination recommendations.
- Ability to train, and evaluate performance of supervised staff.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- LOCATION - BSWH North OR Central Texas Region
- SHIFT - Day hours to be determined
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - Must be able to lead two team members communicate effectively meet and exceed timelines for projects and detailed orientated Willing to travel between Central Texas and North Texas as needed.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Phlebotomy Technician (PBT): Must have a Phlebotomy Tech Cert from one of these agencies:
- ASCP, NPA, ASPT, NCCT, NHA, AMT, NAHP, AMCA, AAH or ACA.
More Information on Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. Baylor Scott & White Health was founded in 1903. It has 18443 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 18 open jobs at Baylor Scott & White Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description