Spend Operations Associate at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $4 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
The Spend Operations Associate will work in tandem with the Spend Operations team on the day-to-day operations of the M1 Spend products. Responsibilities are outlined below though as the Spend product is new to the M1 family, it will be expected that the Spend Operations Associate maintains a flexible attitude as the role solidifies based on the needs of the company. Responsibilities will range from daily tasks to those more strategic in nature. The Spend Operations Associate would benefit from previous banking and operations experience.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with preparing, reviewing or researching, ATM and Visa Debit card claims disputes in compliance with M1’s policies and procedures and Visa and PIN network dispute resolution rules and regulations.
- Focus on banking compliance and regulatory operations. Lead our disputes and complaints which includes updating and improving processes in partnership with our charter bank.
- Evolve the current disputes and complaints process to streamline and confirm regulatory requirements are being met.
- Support Client Success Associates as they answer Spend related tickets and calls.
- Development and maintenance of internal trainings and customer facing support articles on Spend processes in partnership with the Spend Operations Manager.
- Build and cultivate relationships cross functionally to improve processes, develop and execute promotions.
- Active participant in relationship with M1’s charter bank to support executing and prioritizing key initiatives.
- Administer our fraud strategies and policies related to Spend. Adhere to corporate and federal regulations related to Reg E disputes and fraud case management. Handle client disputes and fraud claims.
- Execute on ad hoc projects that require comfort with numbers to make informed decisions.
- 2-4 years of experience in banking operations
- 1+ years of experience with banking compliance and regulations
- Experience developing processes, meeting deadlines, and paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, metrics and data-driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with leadership
- Proven project management skills
- SQL experience, a plus
- Finance experience, a plus
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym